shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Info

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
I am looking at buying an emerald diamond vvs2 1.01 Carat am being asked for $7,000 is this good value ?.On top of this the ring setting is in two tone gold with 0.3 Baguette in G vs1 for $1,000 total cost is $8,000 is this a good deal or excessivly priced??,help much appreciated as the stone is for someone special

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Smalldog,

You will probably get more response if you post to the "Rocky Talky" forum. I will warn you also that you will need crown and pavillion angles, total depth % and table %, plus dimensions for the experts to comment on the pricing.

Have you checked out the tutorial above and the cut adviser. I have a Radiant and found that with fancy cuts such as emerald cuts etc. you have to do a visual to find "the" stone! The standards are just guidelines.

Good luck.
2.gif

smalldog100

Rough_Rock
Thank you for that,thes are the details of the stone

Shape: Emerald

Color: E

Clarity: VVS2

Cut: Very Good Cut

Weight: 1.01 ct

Measurements: 4.78*6.07*3.71

Depth: 77.6%

Table Diameter: 62%

Crown Height: 16%

Pavilion Depth: 55%

Issuer: EGL

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend that you repost this on RockyTalk -- that's where the serious stone evaluations happen
9.gif
, so you'll get more responses. Also, state which EGL lab graded the stone (NY, Isreal, etc.) Their gradings tend to vary, so it makes a difference.

I don't know anything about EC cuts, other than that I love them, so I'm not a help here.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems a bit overpriced, esp that EGL graded stones usualy require a discount (the lab is regarded as lenient, so this could turn return F or VS1 from GIA).
And, "very good cut": why? who says so? It sounds like these words are worth as much as that setting (or more) for the seller, so why not get an explanation? Besides, there are not too many ways for the seller to explain this: he can use a standard (such as the AGA charts, listed under "fancy shapes" on Pricescope's front page) or demonstrate light return (even if this is not realy to top concern with ECs). Polish and symmetry do not say much in this case, but, if this was GIA cert, I would look for "very good" symmetry in an EC...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results