shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring ... box? Ring ... tray? Ring ... case? Help!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I want to get a nice box to keep my stackers in when I'm not wearing them. I don't want to get yet another all-purpose jewelry box - I basically just want a nice ring box with 6-12 slots. Any idea what these are called, or where I'd find one? Googling and searching eBay either gets me store displays (and I do want something with a lid), or those cheap-y sofa/shoe displays. Bonus points if you know a place that sells vintage or vintage-inspired ....

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two ring holders for my rings, one is porcelain and one is crystal. I found the porcelain one in a beautiful little shop that sells handmade things, and I love it. The crystal ring holder was a wedding gift, and it's very beautiful.

If I needed another one I'd buy a ceramic one like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/6454661...e=0&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I really just popped into this thread to tell you, Circe, that I just finished reading Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty and I could think only of you and your fluor diamond avatar whenever the character Circe was mentioned! (I really enjoyed the book, by the way. It's a great YA piece, and I particularly liked that it was set in the Victorian age.)

ETA:
This looks like it's more along the lines of what you're looking for:
http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Finish-Jewelry-Display-Storage/dp/B00370P708

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dammit, dammit, dammit - I found the absolute perfect box on eBay, but the auction ended while I was teaching (I asked my husband to bid, but he got sniped). I am actually, stupidly sad about this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...DsGn0Js%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pretty, right? And I've never seen another one like it. Bah.

Thanks for the tips, guys - keep 'em coming! These are all, like, 95% of the way there ... but now in my head, I'm comparing them to The One That Got Away. ;(

Kelpie - thank you, I am so incorporating that term into my searches.

Matata - thank you! My only thing is that I want a lid (if I can't dust my perfume bottles properly, the rings probably wouldn't fare much better).

Haven - that cracks me up! I love Bray. As for the ring displays ... the first one is gorgeous, but one of my cats is a cat burglar. I've seen him grab stuff out of the pretty egg cup I'm currently using, and I'd bet he'd be just as game to play ring-toss in reverse. And the other one would probably go unused - I'm not lazy, but I want something I can just slot in.

IUGurl - that may be the closest one yet, thank you! I'll go hunting through the other suggestions to see what rears its head. Thank you!

Now to troll eBay some more and see what I can find ....

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANTIQUE-VINTAGE...436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e639a68c

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1980s-1...110?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb34103de - *eta* - ack...no top to this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Green-V...428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a5377edc

There's no other way to post these...always a chance anyone can snap them up...c'est la vie...

I loved the one you found and didn't win...sorry you didn't get it...the above might be near to what you are looking for though.

:))

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Circe, if you can't find the perfect already-made ring box, you could always look for a vintage box that tugs on your heart strings. With a little DIY, you could turn any box into a ring storage device. I did this with a bedazzled Ruccini box that I fell in love with. I hot-glued some velvet over some foam padding, doubled it up, and then squished it into the box. Or you could just cut some slits into some kind of soft padding. Just an idea in case you come across the "perfect" box that wasn't specifically designed for rings.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
mrs jam|1338566848|3207279 said:
Hi Circe, if you can't find the perfect already-made ring box, you could always look for a vintage box that tugs on your heart strings. With a little DIY, you could turn any box into a ring storage device. I did this with a bedazzled Ruccini box that I fell in love with. I hot-glued some velvet over some foam padding, doubled it up, and then squished it into the box. Or you could just cut some slits into some kind of soft padding. Just an idea in case you come across the "perfect" box that wasn't specifically designed for rings.

I love this idea...some lightweight foam, a bit of velvet, some spray adhesive, and a sharp exacto blade...viola! Custom, one of a kind! Now I want to do this for myself!

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
aviastar|1338588162|3207515 said:
I love this idea...some lightweight foam, a bit of velvet, some spray adhesive, and a sharp exacto blade...viola! Custom, one of a kind! Now I want to do this for myself!

It's a fun little project! I like the little feeling of satisfaction I get from repurposing things. Post a pic if you engage in a little DIY!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Distracts, that's exactly what I was thinking of - thank you! In the interim, I wound up finding a vintage box that fit the bill (the blue satin and velvet lined cousin of the one you listed). But I do love the idea of being crafty, and this is the first I've heard of spray adhesive, which sounds like it could take a lot of the elbow grease out of things. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... :Up_to_something:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1338823558|3208859 said:
Distracts, that's exactly what I was thinking of - thank you! In the interim, I wound up finding a vintage box that fit the bill (the blue satin and velvet lined cousin of the one you listed). But I do love the idea of being crafty, and this is the first I've heard of spray adhesive, which sounds like it could take a lot of the elbow grease out of things. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... :Up_to_something:
Professional advice before you start spraying:
1) no rings. seriously. That stuff is HELL to get off rings
2) be ok with it being all over your hands/nails. Again, hell to get off.
3) put lots of newspaper down around the work area. It gets EVERYWHERE.
4) open the windows, but still expect to enjoy the high. lol!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1338825654|3208881 said:
Circe|1338823558|3208859 said:
Professional advice before you start spraying:
1) no rings. seriously. That stuff is HELL to get off rings
2) be ok with it being all over your hands/nails. Again, hell to get off.
3) put lots of newspaper down around the work area. It gets EVERYWHERE.
4) open the windows, but still expect to enjoy the high. lol!
You aren't kidding! I've been banned from using spray adhesive in the house. Now I use it in the yard with about an entire Sunday paper's worth of articles spread out. And I wear gloves and DH's plastic goggles. That stuff is noxious!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results