shape
carat
color
clarity

Right hand ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I currently have a princess shape, about one caret center stone, G, VVS2, platinum wedding ring set. I really want another diamond on my right hand. I found a stone that is a little over one caret, J color, I1, medium blue florescence. I will also have to get a temporary setting in white gold until I can afford a platinum setting.

My question is... will the J color be obvious compared to my G colored stone even though they will be on separate hands?

Also, is it a big deal to wear an engagement looking ring on the right hand even though I already have a wedding ring. My friends think I''m crazy, but it is something that I really want!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Depends on the quality of the cut and how colour sensitive you are, but I would say if you have both hands together, you would be able to detect a difference, but I don''t think you would necessarily see a yellow tint or anything, I think the J would just look ''warmer''.

For me, I would be ok with my RHR looking warmer than my ering, but I wouldn''t want it the other way around. I would want the stone for my ering to be the ''star''.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
The diamond that I am looking at is a H&A square... so pretty amazing, I''m sure. It''s just the color and the clarity that have me worried... but that is also what is making it affordable right now. Not willing to go smaller in size.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Windy- My e-ring is a G, my pendant is a K and I wear them both at the same time. I wouldn''t worry about it unless you''re going to constantly be putting your hands together to comapre. Even then, you won''t always notice a difference. Lighting plays a huge role in what you''re going to see.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 8:53:29 PM
Author: windy1365
The diamond that I am looking at is a H&A square... so pretty amazing, I''m sure. It''s just the color and the clarity that have me worried... but that is also what is making it affordable right now. Not willing to go smaller in size.
Ok, so it''s a likely to be a nice cut (if really H&A from reputable vendor) and the medium fluoro will help to whiten it so I don''t see much of a problem. How do you feel about the inclusions? Are they eyeclean to your standards? If they are, then I think you should go for it. You have pointed out that you don''t want to drop the size, so I that stone would be a good compromise.

Just one suggestion though, if you have slightly under the 1ct, ie. .96ct or 0.98ct or whatever, it will face up the same at the 1ct (there is no way you could detect that size difference) and you will avoid the magic mark price jump. It may get you into I colour or SI clarity territory? Not sure, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
I don''t want to give out too much information b/c I don''t want anyone snatching up my stone!! It is from a jeweler well respected on pricescope. The stone is a special type of stone, so there aren''t many of them to choose from... so it''s not like I can just get an I SI1.

The inclusion is in the bottom corner. I don''t think it can be covered by a prong, but it isn''t in the table at all.

Would it look strange to have a typical engagement ring on my right hand? I was thinking of getting just a basic tiffany style setting.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 9:28:51 PM
I don''t want to give out too much information b/c I don''t want anyone snatching up my stone!! It is from a jeweler well respected on pricescope. The stone is a special type of stone, so there aren''t many of them to choose from... so it''s not like I can just get an I SI1.

The inclusion is in the bottom corner. I don''t think it can be covered by a prong, but it isn''t in the table at all.

Would it look strange to have a typical engagement ring on my right hand? I was thinking of getting just a basic tiffany style setting.
Fair enough, I understand completely. If it''s from a well-respected PS vendor, then I am assuming they have a good return policy, so if it''s not what you had in mind, you can return it.

I think it would look fine in a typical setting on your RH. IMO if you wanted something a little less engagementy, how about a bezel setting? I think in a RHR it will look less like an ering. A Tiff solitaire really suggests ering, but it''s on your RH so I don''t think it matters. When it comes down to it, it''s your ring and if you are happy then that''s all that matters
1.gif

I would suggest dropping an email to the vendor in question to reserve that stone. Without meaning to, you have given away probably more info than you wanted, and a lurker could easily find that stone with a few searches
40.gif
I would reserve it now before it''s snatched away.

I am intrigued now! You have to come back with pics
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 9:28:51 PM
I don't want to give out too much information b/c I don't want anyone snatching up my stone!! It is from a jeweler well respected on pricescope. The stone is a special type of stone, so there aren't many of them to choose from... so it's not like I can just get an I SI1.

The inclusion is in the bottom corner. I don't think it can be covered by a prong, but it isn't in the table at all.

I think I know which vendor you are referring to, and I also know from experience that they usually have access to more of these stones than is on the site.
It would be worth an ask if you want to look into an Si1. Personally I like J stones, so I don't think that would be an issue and ditto others above about wearing it at the same time as your ering.

I agree with Honey that a bezel would be a great solution for your RHR - I am currently doing a bezel RHR for myself too
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds pretty! No, it won''t look weird to wear a typical style engagement ring on both hands. I do it sometimes as I''ve recently started wearing a family member''s old engagement ring. What setting are you thinking about?

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
Just a simple setting right now in white gold. Then, I can save up for a setting that I really like. I like a couple of the Tacori settings. I wanted to incorporate some sapphires in the setting, but everything I see like that is too chunky for my taste. I''m sure I will have plenty of time to pick out a setting!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
If they are both well cut I wouldnt think the color difference would matter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results