shape
carat
color
clarity

Review on Mark Broumand

SpoiledByHim

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, it was my 10 year wedding anniversary recently and I wanted to commemorate it with something special (and shiny). I probably read through every single thread on this board regarding rings: where you all have gotten them, what your experiences have been, what discounts I should look for, etc. BTW, thanks so much for all your knowledge!

Originally I was hoping to find a 2+ carat emerald cut diamond to set as a solitaire in a fabulous setting I found. But then I learned what a nice one would cost and I couldn't justify it at this point in my life. Perhaps when I'm older and have more expendable income (hopefully that will be next year!). After seeing all of the fabulous eternity bands on PS I knew that would be my second choice. I had originally thought I wanted a single row eternity band, however, I went into Jared one day to try on rings and they showed me a 2 ct anniversary 1/2 band with 3 rows of ideal cut diamonds. Oh my goodness! It was too thick for my finger, but the amount of fire from the diamonds was so impressive that it changed my mind about the single row. So the search commenced for a two row eternity band with very small or close-set prongs for comfort. I ran across Mark Broumand's interpretation of the eternity band and everything about it fit my criteria.

I inquired whether the 5.03 ctw eternity band on his site could be made in 14K white gold (because I'm a little tough on my jewelry) and Mr. Broumand immediately replied that it was not a problem and that it would take about 3 weeks. I researched PS to find reviews about him and/or his work but it was hard to come by. I was nervous about ordering because I really couldn't find any information about him anywhere and my idea of fun isn't losing thousands of dollars on a bad decision. The photos and videos on his website helped inform my decision though and I felt much more comfortable after communicating with him.

The whole purchasing process went smoothly and ended better than I expected. A day after I placed my order Mark contacted me and said he had a 5.14 ct ring in 18K white gold in the size I ordered and asked if I was interested. More carats? Yes, please! I love shiny vegetables!

The great:
-Amazing value!!
-Clear videos and photos
-Detailed information
-Extraordinarily fiery diamonds
-Solid construction
-Beautiful and unique design
-Quick response time
-Very professional
-Accommodating
-Free appraisal
-Nice website, easy to navigate

The unfortunate:
-His site claims that a "certificate" comes with the jewelry, which normally implies diamond certification, however, once I received the ring I found that the "certificate" was actually the appraisal. Not a deal breaker, but receiving a diamond certificate was one of my husband's wishes and I thought I was fulfilling that. It would be helpful to clarify this upfront with Mr. Broumand if you prefer to have a diamond certificate.
-His interpretation of a VS quality diamond is not my idea of VS quality. I worked in jewelry for a short period of time many years back and I received a lot of diamond experience. I've attached a few photos so you could see what I'm talking about. No one wants to point out flaws in their prized possessions but to be truly objective and forthcoming I feel I should show you. On the plus side, I absolutely cannot see any flaws with the naked eye, just pure fire and ice. (See my other photos here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-14-ctw-4th-of-july-extravaganza.190991/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-14-ctw-4th-of-july-extravaganza.190991/[/URL])

Overall, my experience was very positive and I would certainly purchase from Mark Broumand again. My ring is AMAZING and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I'm so so happy to have found it. I don't feel duped or taken advantage of, despite my opinion of the lesser quality diamonds, mostly because the ring is still so beautiful and sparkly (and the comps are WAY more expensive). I'm seriously considering him as my future vendor for my 2+ carat diamond, and I certainly wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. Anyway, I'm hoping my review makes a difference to someone looking to purchase from Mark Broumand and I hope your experience is as positive as mine was.

p1050756.jpg

p1050750.jpg

p1050792.jpg

p1050827.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results