clarity

Review of the Opulence Oval by August Vintage – Thank you Jonathan

raffanth

Rough_Rock
Custom Designed Band
Opulence Oval - 1.018cts – G SI1 – 7.08 x 5.13 x 4.03mm
https://www.augustvintageinc.com/
Insta Video: https://goo.gl/MTCEdR

A OPULENCE OVAL BY AUGUST VINTAGE.jpg CAD 1.jpg CAD 2.jpg CAD 3.jpg CAD 4.jpg PROPOSAL.PNG RING 1.jpg RING 2.jpg RING 3.jpg

I had to come back here to tell my story. I was wrought with indecision and so many choices – thanks to August Vintage I ended up a winner. Jonathan is an amazing jeweller and an even more fantastic professional business person to work with.

My experience started by contacting Jonathan at the end of November 2017. The Opulence Oval was so new; it hadn’t even gotten its name yet. I grilled him with question after question and he would answer with delightful understanding. I was hesitant to buy online and buy with someone I had not worked with before. I did not pull the initial trigger due to my own personal concerns.

A few weeks passed and after looking through James Allen and Blue Nile and posting on PS-- I was faced with too many choices and no guarantees. I didn’t want to spend big money and get something I was not going to be satisfied with. The more research I did the more I really wanted an oval that wasn’t going to have any dark spots, that wasn’t going to be dark across the belly with a bow-tie and I really didn’t want light leakage at the north and south.

So I decided to call Jonathan again the first week of December and he happened to be getting some ovals in. Right after I made this phone call, I learned my girlfriend would be travelling to Los Angeles in the middle of January. I called Jon the very next day and let him know I wanted to do a surprise proposal and we now had a tight turnaround time. He assured me that I could count on him to make it happen.

I sent him a deposit and we got to work on designing the setting together. He has many options to choose from but I had something very specific in mind. We went back and forth with CAD drawings for two weeks making little tweaks and design changes and comparing different versions. Throughout this process Jon was as patient as I could ask for.

During this entire process every time I needed to get in contact with Jon he was there to take my call. If he couldn’t take my call he would email me and let me know when he was free to chat. His communication is on point.

When the ring was complete and the diamond was ready Jon sent me pics and it looked spectacular. Things could not have turned out more perfect for me. I actually physically did not see the ring and the diamond until the day I proposed. Jon FedEx’ed the ring from NY to LA (the hotel she was staying at had a FedEx Store in the hotel). I was able to pick up the ring and surprise my fiancé with an elegant proposal in the hotel room. She was shocked!

My fiancé and I LOVE this diamond and setting. The Opulence Oval is just stunning! The sparkle and fire under all sets of lighting gets the attention of so many people. There is so much value when you choose to go with August Vintage.

If you are getting an engagement ring and you want to trust an expert -- you need to connect with August Vintage Inc and Jonathan Weingarten. I’m serious this guy was a pleasure to deal with; he did business right and he delivered with a grand slam product that was personal and perfect all at the same time. Also, his pricing is very reasonable and for the personal service he delivers he ought to be charging more. If you are looking for an engagement ring please, I encourage you to contact Jon and give him a chance at your business. He has a great touch, he has been doing this forever and you will not be disappointed. This is a real review from a real guy who wanted to wow his girl and pulled it off with the help from Jonathan. Any questions for me just reply below or contact me at rafftrash(at)gmail.com.

Have a great night everyone and thank you everyone on this forum for their help. Special shout out to rockysalamander.

Last edited:

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the write up! Her ring came out amazingly. We need LOTS more photos; you should start a Show Me The Bling thread! A lot of us haven’t seen the new AV opulence oval set in a ring yet.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!! I would love to see a hand shot!

fellys

Rough_Rock
Premium
:love: we definitely need more photos!

Q

Queenie60

Wow! Such a beautiful ring. And I'm not surprised that Jonathan delivered just as described. My dealings with him have been nothing but positive. Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I agree we need some more pics!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can't thank you enough for the kind words raffanth.:))

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and words!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that room setup for the proposal!!! We need a play by play of how that unfolded (well, you can understandably leave out some parts)!

Woweee and that ring! Yes!!! I mean, more photos, hand shots, wow! Congrats to you both.

And what a wonderful testament to @Rhino and the Opulence Oval ... and to @rockysalamander (two people and one diamond that I, too, admire)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic ring, and very sweet story behind it. You were so smart to hold out for the opulence oval… Absolutely no concerns about dark spots at all! And I echo the others… We need lots of hand shots!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and you did an awesome job choosing the diamond!!!:love: You'll always be glad you went for top quality! Jonathan has a passion for what he does, and I agree that it is a pleasure to work with him! The proposal was great, too! Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is simply beautiful - can't wait for more pictures!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results