shape
carat
color
clarity

Returning Tahitian strand for an Akoya strand?

Heart2pearls

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately ,PP where a little low on stock on Tahitian pearls to fulfilled my request on my strand and the 90 days is up at the end of the month.
I have two options return that one and wait for more to come in or I was thinking of getting of getting an Akoya strand.
Hard for me to choose between the natural white hanadama and the natural blue madama. Does any of you have a blue madama is the blue easily noticeable and can you see a tint of rose in it?
Which color would you choose and why?
Thanks! =)

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I do not have a white hanadama or a blue madama strand. I will offer my perspective on naturally blue baroque akoya.

When I first got into peals, I jumped on the PS blue akoya bandwagon. I have several akoya strands including two baroque strands that are naturally blue. The blue is noticeable.

Keep in mind the intensity of blue varies. For example, several strands that are posted on PS and the other place seem just fabulous with intense blue/violet color. However, my strands and a friend's from PP are not as intense blue...so keep that in mind.

I think a great quality white strand would be my choice in the world of round akoya.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you do an exchange, does that extend your return period by 90 days (which I doubt, as theoretically one could go on forever extending the return period through a series of exchanges :P2), or is the 90 day return period still up at the end of the month?

It seems safer IMO to just get a refund and make any new purchase just that, a new purchase, with its own 90 day return period. What if you don't like what you exchanged for?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have neither but have always wanted a natural blue akoya strand. As @mtsapphirelovingannie wrote the Blue Color and intensity varies but if you can find the right Blue I’d go for it and see it in person and decide that way. As long as you can return it you can’t lose. Maybe it’s a sign to check it out. Of course that’s on my wish list and not necessarily yours. Good luck with your decision and can’t wait to see what beauty you end up keeping.

Heart2pearls

Rough_Rock
If you do an exchange, does that extend your return period by 90 days (which I doubt, as theoretically one could go on forever extending the return period through a series of exchanges :P2), or is the 90 day return period still up at the end of the month?

It seems safer IMO to just get a refund and make any new purchase just that, a new purchase, with its own 90 day return period. What if you don't like what you exchanged for?

I returned the strand and got full refund . The 90 days was up at the end of this month. I decided to wait for Jeremy to come back from his HK trip in March. They are putting me on their wish list with full descriptions of what I am looking for. Can't wait. :pray:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you made a sound decision. I hope they find a wonderful strand for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results