shape
carat
color
clarity

returning a stone to GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
bf received the solasfera from GOG last week and I finally got the see it 2 days ago. The stone is a 1.09ct G/SI1. I was worried about the inclusion, but Jon reassured me that the stone is totally eye clean. He was right. I couldn''t see anything even though the pictures on their website showed the inclusion very clearly. I feel very confident to say that if Jon tells you so, it is so.
21.gif

Now, a little bit of review on the solasfera. It is a very nice stone. It is brilliant. No doubt lots of scintillation. The stone is totally lit up in the sun. I feel that when viewing face up, the solasfera is whiter than the H&A stones. (Disclaimer: I never put these two stones side by side. The comparison is more about what I remember about the H&A). I feel that the solasfera''s sparkle is a bit small for me to see (I am nearsighted, but not very badly nearsighted. I can see with or without glasses just not that clear.) So for those who are wondering if you should buy a solasfera, you gotta see it first. Bf said maybe in couple years when I am ready to buy a bigger stone (1.5ct and up
27.gif
), I could then choose the solasfera. But for now, I am going back to a H&A.

Now, questions about returning the stone. Christen at GOG is kind enough to tell me that USPS is the cheapest way to send the stone back. However, when I checked USPS''s website, the most I can insure on the item is $5000. The solasfera costs way more than that. What do you PS''ers use? Fedex, UPS or USPS? What''s the difference in shipping price comparing these three companies?

In addition, I have to put a note in the box to tell them who I am and what I am doing. Is it a normal practice for GOG or other PS vendors to ask these questions for a return item? Not that we have anything to hide, but those are kinda personal questions that I would expect a bank to ask not a jewelry shop.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe USPS Registered mail will insure up to 25k, but best to check with GOG as to the method they want you to use for return shipping. I think it is Express Insured which has the 5k cap, so Registered might be your best method. It may take a bit longer, but is considered safe as the package has to be signed for each time it changes hands, and is under lock and key when not moving.

So I would check with GOG which method they want you to use to return the diamond, and follow their instructions.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lorelei.

Yes, Christen did say "registered, insured, return receipt". I didn''t know "registered" is a mailing method. Totally ignorant of me. I gotta admit that this is the first time we are shipping anything expensive. It is a little bit nerve wracking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results