shape
carat
color
clarity

Restore a bead-set ring?

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I have just received the latest of my eBay indiscretions - a beautiful antique platinum bead-set ring of around 1.7tcw. It is in really good nick for its age, however I would like to have some of the beading "neatened up" and a couple of the stones re-secured (they don't appear to be in danger of falling out as there is a fair bit of "bead" overlapping their edges, but they do move a little). Can most good bench jewellers do this kind of thing, or is it more likely that I would have to have the ring re-made?

Thanks for your advice!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not sure what you mean by having the bead work neatened up, but tightening the stones and tipping the beads should not be a problem for any competent bench.

Wink

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Wink|1301309639|2881694 said:
I am not sure what you mean by having the bead work neatened up, but tightening the stones and tipping the beads should not be a problem for any competent bench.

^^ That is how I would have described "neatening up" if I were less of a jewellery luddite :lol: Thank you Wink!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are most welcome!

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pancake, I honestly would send a project like this to a bench that frequently does work on antique rings such as Singlestone. I had a local jeweler do a poor job resizing a bead-set ring and I had stones come loose.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results