shape
carat
color
clarity

Restaurants in Washington D.C. area (proposal)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dkg

Rough_Rock
Hi

petuniaprincess

Rough_Rock
You should try Cafe Milano in Georgetown. It is excellent Italian food and I believe they have private rooms as many celebrities often stop by (I saw Vice President Cheney when I was there last). It is very romantic and a great people-watching place. The service was wonderful too.

Here is a perfect website for you to learn about the restaurants in different areas of DC (with reviews and ratings):

http://www.opentable.com/start.aspx?m=9

Enjoy and good luck!!

laurel_aurelia

Shiny_Rock
windows over washington in crystal city.. it''s above the edouble tree butit''s a really nicerestaurant and it REVOLVES and it is surrounded in windows so it overlooks the whole city and makes a revolution every hour.

but i''d get a reservation asap!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
L''Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls, Virginia -- French/Alsatian food

Colvin Run Tavern--Very Elegant Seafood, chef is Bob Kinkhead. Faboulous, elegant and private.

I have been to the Inn at Little Washington several times. If you go to there, it would be best to rent a room at the Inn or at one of the B&Bs in Washington, Virginia. You don''t want to drive on those country roads after a bottle of wine. If you go, take a hike in the Shenandoah, its nearby and beautiful. Then you can go to Sunnyside Farms Burger Barn in Sperryville. Organically grown Kobe beef hamburgers--the best. I have been known pack the family into the car and drive there (1.5 hours away) just for burgers (and a hike).

Also, when you make your reservation, let the restaurant know what''s going on. I am SURE they will go out of their way to make you evening memorable.

Good Luck!!!
2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The Warehouse in Old Town Alexandria is very nice. You can get a table in the back that would be a little more private than out in the big room.

Ive never been here, but DHs family loves it... Old Ebbit Grill. Its across the street from the White House.

Windows Over Washington does have a decent view (mostly of the Pentagon), but it doesnt spin. The Skydome Lounge at the top of the hotel does though. My company has a week long conferance at the Double Tree every year... the Skydome is cool and would be great for an after dinner/after proposal drink.

I wish i had better ideas!!! We dont get out very often, at least to nice expensive places.
3.gif
Georgetown would be neat!

dlg

Rough_Rock
The Sequoia is beautiful! It is on the waterfront- expensive, romantic, etc. I don''t know about private rooms though. Call and see...

Sequoia
3000 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel 202.944.4200
Fax 202.944.4210
[email protected]

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Restaurants with water/beach is always a plus. If she likes the water, you might want to think about that.

I think its romantic. *Sigh....*

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 1:56:07 PM
Author: dlg
The Sequoia is beautiful! It is on the waterfront- expensive, romantic, etc. I don''t know about private rooms though. Call and see...

Sequoia
3000 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel 202.944.4200
Fax 202.944.4210
[email protected]
I was at the Sequoia for a Christmas party this year. My DH''s company rented the whole place. It''s in a beautiful location overlooking the water in Georgetown and there is an outdoor patio if the weather is nice. As far as private rooms go, we had the whole place and the only thing I saw was the main dining room and a smaller banquet room that groups can use. It''s a nice location, but from everyone I know that has eaten there and the reviews I''ve read online, the food and service leaves a lot to be desired. As a private party, we had a good time, but they are very stingy with the amount of food you are given. The Inn at Little Washington is extremely expensive and is far enough out of town (DC) that you''d want to stay there overnight. Do you have any place that means something to you? I just re-read your post and it''s probably too late anyway, but there are tons of good restaurants in the DC metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results