shape
carat
color
clarity

Resorts in Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping some of you travelers can help me! Hubby and I are looking to book an all-inclusive resort in the DR, preferably Punta Cana. We aren''t too picky, but we like the place to be clean, relaxing, and also have good entertainment. It doesn''t matter to us if it is adults only or not. We went to Mexico for our honeymoon last year and traveled with apple and absolutely loved it. I have an apple book on the DR with some resorts, but it is always nice to hear what others have to say about their experiences.

Also, for those who have visited the DR, have you traveled outside of the resort? My DH is actually Dominican and his Grandma still lives there. They own a hotel in DR, but we don''t plan to stay there. We would just like to take a day out of our week to visit, but I am a little weary about the "unfamiliar" territory. What were your experiences outside of the resorts? I am usually adventerous, but lately I have heard so many horror stories and they are making me a whimp!

Thanks!!
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
One of the top resorts in Punta Cana is Secrets Excellence! AAAAA+
Where in Mexico did you go ?
Secrets Capri in the Mayan Riviera is hard to top! Adults only, 24 hour service, they practically wait on you hand and foot..I wanted to take some of the employees home with me at the end of the week! A little pricey, but it's a 5.5 star (or premier resort we were told by out travel agent). Food was to die for (6 different restaurants), you can eat at any time...24 hr room service. The resort has security guards outside 24 hrs...it's so secure!! Massage therapy on the beach...an awesome spa...so many things to do on the resort, there was no need to leave..ever! lol

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! We actually looked at Secrets Capri in Riviera Maya, but ended up staying at the Grand Palladium Riviera Maya. We had a lot of friends who had went there and raved about it. We decided that paying the extra for the adults only did not really matter to us and splurged on accomodations at the resort we did stay at instead. I''ll have to look at Secrets Excellence.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We''re leaving Monday for the Excellence Resort in Punta Cana for our honeymoon! I''ll be able to give you a full review when we get back, but so far we are really excited! It seems like a great resort for what we paid! Here''s a link

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Have a great time Sabine, I''m sure you will absolutely LOVE IT there! Secrets resorts are hard to beat!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
We stayed at Iberostar Punta Cana and it was gorgeous! Wonderful food, great entertainment, beaches and pools first class.

We loved it there and had a wonderful time. Hmmmm, methinks it''s time to go back soon!!!
36.gif

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Everyone!

Sabine- You will have to let me know how it is when you get back. I hope you enjoy your honeymoon and have a wonderful day tomorrow!!

Lynn- Iberostar is one of the resorts in the book and I know someone else who stayed here before and they also loved it. It is one of our top contenders right now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results