shape
carat
color
clarity

resize a half-eternity, channel-set band?

slangofoil

Rough_Rock
Trade
I hope this is the right forum to post this in! I'm considering buying a half-eternity channel-set RB band on ebay, but I don't know if that kind of ring can be resized easily. It's a size 7.25 and I would need it resized to about 3.75. Can anyone tell me if this is easily done, or if it would require a remake of the whole ring?

Thanks!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid you're going to have to take a pass on that ring, unless you're not against popping out the stones and going for a reset. You would need that sized down 3 1/2 sizes if my math is right. For channel set rings, a half size change is easy. A talented experienced jeweler might even do a great job going down a full size. The size difference you need would compromise the integrity of the setting if a jeweler even tried. The stones would pop out.

slangofoil

Rough_Rock
Trade
gemgirl|1297009362|2844804 said:
I'm afraid you're going to have to take a pass on that ring, unless you're not against popping out the stones and going for a reset. You would need that sized down 3 1/2 sizes if my math is right. For channel set rings, a half size change is easy. A talented experienced jeweler might even do a great job going down a full size. The size difference you need would compromise the integrity of the setting if a jeweler even tried. The stones would pop out.

Thanks gemgirl, that's what I was afraid of!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo, if you like, you propably could have an eternity or a 3/4 if you redo the setting and use the diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results