shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting a ring...tell me what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sketch

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody...great forum!

I''m new here so hello to everyone.

Here''s my story...

Fiance''s father gave her a 2.4 ct VS1 H colored radiant cut diamond (EGL cert.) in a yellow gold solitaire setting. (thanks dad....can i call you dad?
2.gif
)

I have a 5 ct tanzanite in a plat. setting with diamonds on the side. Gorgeous...but apparently not worth what I paid for it. ahhh...the joke was on me...

So...I''m taking the tanzanite and trading it in towards resetting the diamond.

Here''s the deal I''m getting on a 3 stone setting including the stones...

2 half ct vs1 h colored diamonds
and a white gold or plat. setting
wg= 2150
PL= 2900

I''m getting 1300 for the tanzanite.

Tell me what you think...its by far the best deal of the 5 places I went.

Thanks!

sketch

Rough_Rock
FYI

The quotes I got for the exact same ring went all the way up to 7300.00 ...no thank you very much David Ellis.

One guy said he'd give me 2500.00 for the tanzanite and then sell me the setting for the other for 5000.00. hmmmmm....no thanks...(smaller mall jeweler).

still I enjoy shopping around with those bozos they're good for a laugh...and a cringe knowing that some people actually pay those ridiculous prices.

dbretton

Rough_Rock
I have a 5 ct tanzanite in a plat. setting with diamonds on the side. Gorgeous...but apparently not worth what I paid for it. ahhh...the joke was on me...
I'm getting 1300 for the tanzanite.
Tell me what you think...

I think that, unless that tanzanite is a real piece of garbage, someone is getting tanzanite for cheap money. That's about $250/ct. Nice tanzanite pieces, according to what I have read, go for around $500-$900/ct.

-Dennis

sketch

Rough_Rock
I would love to see where you got your figure on what tanzanites sell for.

All of my offers have been around the 1000 dollar range from dealers

But perhaps that is simply the rate I can sell it for to a dealer. I'd be more than willing to sell it to an individual over the internet for 2000.00 given the risks involved there. And you're right it would still be a steal at that price.

Oh well, I've had it on consignment at the place I bought it from for a year...so I guess I've gotten alot less ambitious as to what I can sell it for. This isn't to say that its not a good quality stone in a gorgeous setting. Just that noone else has been willing to pay anywhere near what I paid for it.

The dealer did tell me that I could easily ask an individual buyer for 2600.00.

The problem is finding that ...."individual" , lol, such is life.
twirl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results