shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting “Ashlee” my antique cut cornered step cut..Opinions please

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, I love it! It’s perfect with your band.
Please post more pictures!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love it :love: It makes for a timeless, killer set.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
It’s done! I love it! It’s small and low profile for understated days! It looks great with my asscher 5 stone band.

40414C0C-6C9D-4D0E-9BE0-2FEA606C1920.jpeg

Its so beautiful, @MamaBee !!! And your ascher band .... wow!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Turned out beautifully! Enjoy!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just gorgeous, MamaBee! I adore this reset--DK did a wonderful job.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just caught up on your reset project and it’s stunning! I love how the stone stands out now - it’s so sophisticated. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two more pics..I’m wearing Ashlee with my Tiffany baguette band. She will be a great stacker. I love a gap..I feel it lets each ring stand out. Since the Tiffany band is channel
set I don’t have to wear a spacer. I’m really
enjoying her small size and low profile.
0C0A21CD-07EC-4A9F-83A1-488CF1A6D17A.png 169D0354-28B0-4439-A1E1-E555F009E0B1.png

Last edited:

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This turned out SO PRETTY! I LOVE it with the Tiffany band AND the asscher one! Stack away! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more pics..I’m wearing Ashlee with my Tiffany baguette band. She will be a great stacker. I love a gap..I feel it lets each ring stand out. Since the Tiffany band is channel
0C0A21CD-07EC-4A9F-83A1-488CF1A6D17A.png 169D0354-28B0-4439-A1E1-E555F009E0B1.png

Beautiful pairing and no need for a spacer a real bonus!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful reset. She is divine

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
It’s done! I love it! It’s small and low profile for understated days! It looks great with my asscher 5 stone band.

40414C0C-6C9D-4D0E-9BE0-2FEA606C1920.jpeg

Wow! @MamaBee. I have been inactive for a little while and so nice to see you have more new bling!! Congrats. It’s beautiful!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! @MamaBee. I have been inactive for a little while and so nice to see you have more new bling!! Congrats. It’s beautiful!!
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11! I reset Ashlee from a large baguette halo to a simple baguette setting. I love her more this way..simple…. just her and a few baguettes. I have to have my baguettes..haha

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reset is beautiful @MamaBee. It looks wonderful with your bands too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such a beautiful reset @MamaBee!! It looks perfect and I love it with this band! Looks really lovely on your hand, enjoy it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely beautiful. This setting lets your stone shine. Perfect!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful. This setting lets your stone shine. Perfect!

Thank you at @lissyflo! I agree..It sparkles way more than it did in the halo. I may consider putting a colored stone in the halo. I think it would be beautiful..

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you at @lissyflo! I may consider putting a colored stone in the halo. I think it would be beautiful..

I had a similar setting to your previous one and put a coloured stone in. I may therefore be biased but I think you’d love it - having a coloured centre really shows off the baguette halo in a way that a diamond centre can’t. It shows off that classic, understated, geometric deco look to perfection. I had a cheap-as-chips synthetic spinel put in mine and love it now, so it could be a cheap and easy way for you to really show off a beautiful setting.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Both stacks you shared are OUT OF THIS WORLD @MamaBee ! I absolutely love the new setting - she’s versatile, elegant and just everything I’d want in a step cut ring. Well done!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a similar setting to your previous one and put a coloured stone in. I may therefore be biased but I think you’d love it - having a coloured centre really shows off the baguette halo in a way that a diamond centre can’t. It shows off that classic, understated, geometric deco look to perfection. I had a cheap-as-chips synthetic spinel put in mine and love it now, so it could be a cheap and easy way for you to really show off a beautiful setting.

@lissyflo I’ve been searching for something that fits…Cheap-as-chips sounds good to me! I would love to see your ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both stacks you shared are OUT OF THIS WORLD @MamaBee ! I absolutely love the new setting - she’s versatile, elegant and just everything I’d want in a step cut ring. Well done!

Thank you @Cerulean! I’m so happy with it..:bigsmile:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo I’ve been searching for something that fits…Cheap-as-chips sounds good to me! I would love to see your ring!

I haven’t got it here at the moment but will find some pics! I had synthetic spinel rough cut to fit the setting and I think this may well be the best path for you too: anything asscher shaped is hard to match because of the windmill angles varying, plus your stone has lovely elongated proportions that seem less common. The setting style is so angular and clean that I think it needs a centre that fits perfectly. I had it done a few years ago now but the cost was very reasonable - it was essentially just the cutting as the synthetic cost was negligible. DK might be able to arrange it (I think I’m remembering correctly that he did the original setting)?

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@lissyflo I took your advice. I contacted David and Amy to see if they can find a stone to fit in the space. Amy said she will look. I don’t think it will be easy..I may have to go out of my comfort zone with color if she finds something that fits..I don’t want to trash that setting. I think it’s pretty..It just didn’t go well with Ashlee. I think a colored stone would be pretty.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this combo, @MamaBee - so elegant and looks great on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results