shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset! Single or Double Claw Prongs for my 1.71 RB Stone?

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Hello Everyone!

You were all so helpful when I first got my engagement ring 2 years ago that I wanted to come back to ask for your help again...! :appl:

I currently have an 18k white gold Brian Gavin Tiffany setting modified (2.9mm width tapering down to about 2.3mm). I also have the 3.9mm Tiffany Channel set band in platinum.

I am looking to reset my engagement diamond for two reason: I don't want to worry about re-dipping by ring and the contrast with the platinum wedding band is bothering AND I decided to try something non-knife edge that is more comfortable.

When I first started looking at engagement rings I always loved the look of cathedral settings (Cartier & HW solitaires) so I'm currently trying to decide between both looks.

Option 1: http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/brooklyn-classic-4-prong-cathedral-solitaire-engagement-ring-bpid-43-19.html

Option 2: http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/abby-cathedral-solitaire-diamond-engagement-ring-bpid-38-19.html

I will likely use Brilliantly Engaged (ERD) so I posted the two I'm trying to decide between. I reached out to Leon but unfortunately he's a tad too pricey. :oops: So here's my question: With my 1.71 carat round brilliant stone, would the double claw prongs make the stone appear smaller? I LOVE how elegant double claw prongs look and love the idea of having the extra security but I wonder if my stone is too small and if it would square it out too much?

So I guess my question is... based on the pics of my diamond and set right now - would you guys suggest single claw prongs or double claw prongs? As the width of my new ring will be thinner... I've already decided to move my wedding band to my right hand if the width clashes too much and ask for a thinner tiffany's shared prong band as a baby present whenever that happens (hopefully in the next near?!). :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone!

img_7743.jpg

ring_in_2.jpg

img_7744.jpg

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Re: Reset! Single or Double Claw Prongs for my 1.71 RB Stone

Oh and just for fun... my current set with the pink and white diamond shared prong band at Tiffany's. It' so pretty. I love it!

babypush.jpg

babypush2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results