shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset of a reset of a reset....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
After much deliberation - I have my perfect ring. My original set consisted of two bezel set eternity rings, one set with a round brilliant. Although I loved that set, I really wanted just one ring that could be worn alone. I fell in love with a setting from Diamonds by Lauren, and my jeweler tried to replicate the setting with my bands. This was a little too busy for me, so I called David at DBL, and the result is below. DBL is a wonderful company and I couldn''t be happier with the results. The center stone is a 2.02 ct, G, SI2, with 66 diamonds (all F, VS) in the band and halo totalling 1.06 ct. I''ll post the original first....

lorars1.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lorars2.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock
reset by my jeweler

loraor1.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

loraor2.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock
DBL setting...

loradbl1.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

loradbl2.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

loradbl3.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

loradbl4.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

loradbl5.JPG

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow Lora!!! It''s BREATHTAKING!! I actually remember your previous posts with your reset into the one ring. I really had to agree that there was alot going on in that ring, but dang girl, you''ve blown me away with the reset of the reset... of the reset??? Too much to think about
41.gif
I''ll just close by saying you done REAL good, and here''s to another masterpiece by David and DBL!

LOVE it
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
WOW, it''s beautiful, Lora! Of course, I''m a little biased when it comes to split-shank halo rings -- heehee. I''m glad you got your reset-reset the way you wanted. Wear it in good health!

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
That split shank is beautiful. Very pretty!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladies! With all of the halos and split shanks that I see every day on this site, I feel I''ve found the perfect combination of my favorite rings.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Your reset looks perfect Lora!
36.gif

Picture # 5 is incredible!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous!!! Glad it''s finally what you wanted. It looks great!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely PERFECT, Lora!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So glad you finally ended up with something you love!!!!! I agree that this is the best of all your resets, and can''t wait for...more pictures? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease??
9.gif
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks great!!!! Love it!!!
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great. I''m so glad you decided to go with a whole new setting, it really looks lovely with your stone.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
whoa---gorgeous and different

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new setting!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. You know, it''s not really something that I wanted to turn into a major project, but you know how tough it is to visualize a ring on your finger. So I was gald that I was able to wear each one for a while and decide if I liked it. By doing that, I now have exactly what I wanted, and no regrets.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes third time''s the charm!
1.gif
Definitely so in your case! It''s beautiful and works so much better than setting #2!!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
persistance pays off!

You definitely got it right!

very beautiful!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your reset turned out beautifully - that is one stunning ring! It is nice that you are so pleased with the end result.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 8:40:17 AM
Author:Lora
After much deliberation - I have my perfect ring. My original set consisted of two bezel set eternity rings, one set with a round brilliant. Although I loved that set, I really wanted just one ring that could be worn alone. I fell in love with a setting from Diamonds by Lauren, and my jeweler tried to replicate the setting with my bands. This was a little too busy for me, so I called David at DBL, and the result is below. DBL is a wonderful company and I couldn''t be happier with the results. The center stone is a 2.02 ct, G, SI2, with 66 diamonds (all F, VS) in the band and halo totalling 1.06 ct. I''ll post the original first....
Lora, is the picture in the 1st post, your original set???It is gorgeous!!! What did you do with that set??

I definately think the DBL rendition is perfect and even though your jeweler did a good job following that model with your bands, this one just looks perfect!

Congrats!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lora, it is perfect now!!!!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Sophie, yes the first picture is my original set. I wear the two eternity bands on my right hand now, and I set a beautiful blue topaz in the halo from the second set and had it made into a pendant. It''s funny, because the topaz is the least expensive stone I own, and now that it''s reset into a pendant, I get more compliments on it than any piece of jewelry I''ve ever worn! It is a gorgeous turquois blue color that looks wonderful with the diamond halo.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Lora I remember your posts from the oringinal reset. I''m glad you are happy with your decision. I love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lora it looks beautiful - I love it the most out of all the versions of your ring. The setting is so well done and just AMAZING - the ring is stunning. This is orders of magnitude better than the version using your bezel set eternity band as the split shanks!!!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
"Orders of magnitude better" describes it perfectly FireGoddess! I thought about having it set on one band like yours (one of my favorites here) but went with the split shank and I love the way it keeps the ring from spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results