shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset marquise pendant into ring :)

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
My wheels are turning LOL!!! Seriously, I've had the "diamond reset bug" bite me and I have an idea...I have a 1.75 ct marquise pendant that is beautiful but I never wear it. Thinking of resetting it as an alternative ring to my big yellow , when I dont want to wear such a big ring...But I am totally loving these two settings and have never had a rose gold ring but my goodness it keeps yelling at me... 20191215_214215.jpg 20191215_214154.jpg I LOVE it! But the more traditional side of me says stick with the white...I will probably be wearing it with my new eternity band too and did t know if the rose color would look amazing and make a total statement or be a big flop lol!!! Which color metal do you guys like? Rose or white....Thanks bunches

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I like mixing metals. Go with what makes your heart sing.

Forgot to mention you could also do the shank in rose gold and the head in white gold or platinum. That’s what I did with my ring.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RG is very in right now and you could always stack mix metals with it :kiss2:. Have you thought about turning it east/west? As an alternative ring that would be fab.

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful re-set plan. I think like @KKJohnson said, East-West would be lovely, depending on the size in mm relating to your finger.
A lovely dilemma.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Agree on E-W but then I am a sucker for E-W Marquise and I own one in a vintage style halo setting. One of my all time faves. We have some really nice ones here on PS, if you search OP you can get great inspiration. I vote white metal but this is subjective (rose looks awful on me) and depends on the look you are trying to achieve.

luxe

Shiny_Rock
I think there’s a subtlety and elegance to rose gold when done right. If it’s calling to you I’d say go for it!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I think there’s a subtlety and elegance to rose gold when done right. If it’s calling to you I’d say go for it!

Yes me too :) it's so feminine and just yummy plus its different I've never had anything in rose before :)

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I like mixing metals. Go with what makes your heart sing.

I'll have the blank rose mounting here on Thursday to look at before I decide and I can see how it looks on my skin tone but yeah in the pics that rose is jumping out at me :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The RG is jumping out at me too. The WG has timeless elegance and the RG has impact. I have tried deciding between those two effects myself and it's so hard! Can't wait to see how the RG looks on you, please post pics when the empty setting arrives! :D

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting so either way you go is a win!

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
The RG is jumping out at me too. The WG has timeless elegance and the RG has impact. I have tried deciding between those two effects myself and it's so hard! Can't wait to see how the RG looks on you, please post pics when the empty setting arrives! :D

Exactly!!! I'm worried the rose will blend in with my skin tone but it totally may surprise me on Thursday :) I'll
RG is very in right now and you could always stack mix metals with it :kiss2:. Have you thought about turning it east/west? As an alternative ring that would be fab.
[/QUOT
My fingers are very long and thin and the east west would be extremely wide on my finger, plus it would involve a custom design and that would be more pricey...this mounting is a stock item and it wont cost much to just swap it from the pendant since it's going to be kinda a secondary ring :) Good idea though :) I do love the rose color

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
I got the mountings in and I think I've decided to nix the whole project LOL!!! I am so undecided about the mounting, and I got that pendant out and have been making myself wear it some and man oh man its gorgeous and I cannot seem to take the stone out and tear it up to make it into a ring...Here is the pendant BTW 20191211_134625.jpg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the mountings in and I think I've decided to nix the whole project LOL!!! I am so undecided about the mounting, and I got that pendant out and have been making myself wear it some and man oh man its gorgeous and I cannot seem to take the stone out and tear it up to make it into a ring...Here is the pendant BTW 20191211_134625.jpg

Why don’t you just take the bale off and add a shank to it as it is? It’s lovely in the yellow gold.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Why don’t you just take the bale off and add a shank to it as it is? It’s lovely in the yellow gold.

It's set in palladium not yellow but I thought that exact same thing too ....I guess I'm going to wait awhile since I'm having hesitations because its soooo beautiful when I wear it as a pendant...I guess good problem to have LOL!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's set in palladium not yellow but I thought that exact same thing too ....I guess I'm going to wait awhile since I'm having hesitations because its soooo beautiful when I wear it as a pendant...I guess good problem to have LOL!!!
Oh! Sorry it photographed like it was YG.. I do think that halo is pretty perfect - see if you can’t have it both ways and get it mounted as a convertible ring/pendant? Get a RG shank to scratch that pink gold itch..

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are you a necklace person? I have had amazing ones and I am just not a collier/necklace/pendant person. I have tons of fun rotating earrings (dangles mostly) but I really do value my rings the most. I think it has to do with the fact that on my hands I can see a beautiful stone/ring and that gives me the most enjoyment/use of a favorite piece of jewelry.

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock
Are you a necklace person? I have had amazing ones and I am just not a collier/necklace/pendant person. I have tons of fun rotating earrings (dangles mostly) but I really do value my rings the most. I think it has to do with the fact that on my hands I can see a beautiful stone/ring and that gives me the most enjoyment/use of a favorite piece of jewelry.

Yeah excellent point...hmmmm...well honestly my favorites are earrings and rings...I love a necklace sometimes but I have crazy long curly hair and the clasps just tear my hair up so I have to wear it up when I wear a necklace so I'm somewhat of a necklace person lol!!! I probably would get more enjoyment out of the ring honestly....I will definitely ponder this thank you for looking at it from that angle ;-)

TIFFANYDIAMONDSLTD

Shiny_Rock

I know for sure I HATE turtlenecks and scarves lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A ringdant? I'm not sure what that is lol! It sounds interesting for sure!!!

It's a ring that can convert to a pendant - here are a few threads -

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results