shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset by Leon Mege - Antique Calibre Band w/Tiffany Metro

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Hi - I recently had my RB reset while I wait for my dream stone to come on the market. I wanted the thinnest band possible to pair with my Tiffany metro band. So I worked with Leon and had it set on the antique calibre band. I love it with the Metro as it gives off two different kinds of sparkle - the Metro is in your face, the Leon is more subtle, sparks dancing from the upside down french cuts.

The stone is a 2 ct F VS1 RB. Ring size is 5. Platinum, 61 french cut diamonds, E F G and VS. Band is 1.45mm wide. Double claw prongs, milgrain edge.

BEFORE:
3ct%20UG%20Current%20Ring.jpg

AFTER:
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%201.jpg
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%202.jpg
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%203.jpg
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%204.jpg
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%207.jpg
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%208.jpg

AND - I thought this was interesting - which ring placement do you think makes the stone look bigger?
A:
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%205.jpg
B:
jgny%20new%20ring%20pic%206.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Reset of 2ct RB by Leon - Antique Calibre Band

Wow those are beautiful rings, love the set together :love:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Re: Reset by Leon Mege - Antique Calibre Band w/Tiffany Metr

Oh wow! That's Beautiful!! It's amazing how a thinner band can make a diamond look so much bigger!!

I have looked at the photos and to my eyes, the ones where the wedding band is separated from the e ring (so there's a gap) makes the stone look bigger to me.

Congrats on your beautiful ring!! :love:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree said:
Oh wow! That's Beautiful!! It's amazing how a thinner band can make a diamond look so much bigger!!

I have looked at the photos and to my eyes, the ones where the wedding band is separated from the e ring (so there's a gap) makes the stone look bigger to me.

Congrats on your beautiful ring!! :love:

You know, I am sitting on the train pulling my wedding band away from my ering and then inspecting the size difference and I just saw a girl looking at me like I am crazy! :cheeky:

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock

WOW that is a beautiful reset!! Congrats!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

absolutely stunning :love:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Perfect! I like thin bands. Even for men's bands I like 2 1/2 (yes, I know a lot of people don't, but I tried to make myself like 3 and I couldn't even do that; it wasn't right for me). Congrats and your beautiful pieces!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your reset is lovely :love: I really like the little gap between the bands - the gap always makes the Ering stand out so much :sun:

How are you adjusting to wearing this much more delicate ring on your left hand - do you find that you're consciously taking extra care with that hand, etc.?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love the reset and love the gap - looks fantastic!

Just curious, what is your 'dream' stone? This one looks very nice!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, this is one of my favorite looks. Love the skinny bands with the large stones.

jgny

Shiny_Rock

diamondrnglover, hollysparkles, oranges - thank you!

hawaiianorangetree - that is hilarious you were doing that. i was doing the same thing showing dh in the back of a cab and i kept on saying - "it looks bigger this way, right"? poor cabbie coudn't figure what was going on since my hands were on my lap. LOL!

Imdanny - I love thin bands so much, always wanted one. I like a thin band on a guy as well. :)

yssie - I am so scared to bump it against something, i take extra care. also, I'm really fastidious about keeping it clean. I think because so much more of the stone shows.

missgotrocks - dream stone is a 4.5+ ct chunky cushion, DEF maybe G, VS1 or above. I'll be waiting for a while. But I'm loving this one so much.

lknvrb4 - the funny thing is that the more skinny bands I put on, the stone looks smaller. originally I thought I would get more stackers but now I think I will leave it as is.

I'm always creating that gap! I don't know what it is about the spacing that makes the stone look bigger.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

WOW :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I have just fallen in l :love: ve!

I think it is one of the best sets I have ever seen!!! Wear it in great health!!!! :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jgny said:
diamondrnglover, hollysparkles, oranges - thank you!

hawaiianorangetree - that is hilarious you were doing that. i was doing the same thing showing dh in the back of a cab and i kept on saying - "it looks bigger this way, right"? poor cabbie coudn't figure what was going on since my hands were on my lap. LOL!

Imdanny - I love thin bands so much, always wanted one. I like a thin band on a guy as well. :)

yssie - I am so scared to bump it against something, i take extra care. also, I'm really fastidious about keeping it clean. I think because so much more of the stone shows.

missgotrocks - dream stone is a 4.5+ ct chunky cushion, DEF maybe G, VS1 or above. I'll be waiting for a while. But I'm loving this one so much.

lknvrb4 - the funny thing is that the more skinny bands I put on, the stone looks smaller. originally I thought I would get more stackers but now I think I will leave it as is.

I'm always creating that gap! I don't know what it is about the spacing that makes the stone look bigger.[/quote]

I do the same thing with my ering and wedding band - problem is it won't stay! I just enjoy being able to see each ring for itself.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's beautiful! Do you have any shots of it by itself w/o the metro band? And I'd love to see a profile of that basket! Thanks, and congratulations!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It's stunning! Congrats! It looks HUGE on your hand. I can't imagine a 4.5+ carat stone....WOW!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock

LOVE IT!!!!! :appl: :love:

I adore the antique calibre band to your ering. Truly it is the most delicate band I've ever seen. It's so antique and classic at the same time. And I love the two bands together because it nice having the two types juxtaposed.. gives a real interest and draws you in. i can't believe how huge it makes your center stone look!!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous reset - I love it! I also reset my 2ct stone from a thicker band to a thinner one (3mm to 2mm) and the thinner band really makes the stone pop. Your new setting is just gorgeous!

BTW, I do like a gap between the ring and band.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

Your reset is beautiful! Wow! I love how substantial your center stone looks with those delicate bands.

Matthewmon

Rough_Rock

looks beautiful! what are the reasons for choosing antique calibre vs. the more sparkly pave? I'm going to have to decide between the two. thanks!

sina

Rough_Rock

That's so beautiful! I like placement A better. Placement B looks weird to me.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock

jgny - that is SO GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: What an amazing reset - that thin band really makes the center stone POP

(And so glad things went smoothly for you :Up_to_something: )

I think both placements with the Metro look good. "A" looks more natural - i.e. where the bands would gravitate naturally - but I always fiddle with my own rings to get a "B"- type placement - I like the big gap for some reason. Either placement, your stone looks huge with those elegant, thin bands. LOVE IT!!!! Wear it in good health and happines!

tigian

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous set! Love how dainty the bands look against your stone. :love: :love: :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful! I like the gap too.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

Wow- the workmanship is stunning! I love the french cuts - just gorgeous. :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

fantastic!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

verrryyy elegant and pretty!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

beautiful! it really makes the center stone pop :appl: :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Wow, what a difference! The rings look so well on your finger - either way. Wear them however is the most comfortable!

I can't get over that little itty bitty teensy weensy milgrain! I can't believe the precision - wow! Beautiful. :love: :love: :love:

And your stone looks HUGE!! :appl:

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock

GORGEOUS!!! :love: :cheeky: Love that antique calibre band.....and it certainly does make your center stone POP!

nbarker

Rough_Rock

delicate feminine and gorgeous!! wouldnt expect any less from mr mege :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results