carat
color
clarity

Reserving a date...timing help!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1365456896|3422798 said:
So LOTS of talking over the weekend. Lots of vendor contacts. Lots of plans.

Ultimately, we're pretty set on pushing the date back to Fall 2014. Things are just costing more than we expected and we don't want to feel pressured or stressed. We also don't want to strap ourselves so tightly to this timeline that we can't even enjoy life in the meantime. So we're looking at October 2014 dates and (other than it being further out than we want) are quite happy with the decision.

We found a photographer we love and can't wait to work with (once we get the other bits figured out!). The ceremony and reception venues have been found so it's just a matter of saving and booking when we're a bit closer to the 1 year out mark.

OH! And I went to a bridal show with my FMIL this weekend just for fun. And DUDE! I won one of the grand prizes! A $500 gift certificate to Brides by Demetrios. I'm not sure I can actually afford a dress from there even with the credit, but at the very least I can get my accessories there! So that was really fun. I seriously never win anything.

Sorry you've got to push it back, but I think you are correct to do so. It is not very fun stressing over every penny and trying to rush planning. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the process!

WooHoo! Great prize!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1365465388|3422866 said:
Sorry you've got to push it back, but I think you are correct to do so. It is not very fun stressing over every penny and trying to rush planning. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the process!

WooHoo! Great prize!
Thanks TP! We're not thrilled about it being farther away, but I think in the long run we'll be glad we waited and were able to more comfortable do the things we want without be stretched too far.

And I'm excited about the prize! I called the salon yesterday to ask what their dresses are price range wise, and she told me between $900-$4,000ish. So I may have a shot at finding something at or under $1,300 (my original budget was $800 + my $500 gift certificate). Worth a shot, at least!

And last night I got a call from one of the vendors at the show. I won their individual giveaway! I didn't answer so it was just a voicemail saying I won, but not saying what. I called back and left a message, hopefully they'll call back today. It was a photographer, though!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on winning a few things this weekend! It sounds like it was a good weekend for you, despite having to push back the date. The bottom line is that you want to feel comfortable with expenses, which makes total sense!

audball

Ideal_Rock
FancyPantsSparkles|1365512623|3423157 said:
Congrats on winning a few things this weekend! It sounds like it was a good weekend for you, despite having to push back the date. The bottom line is that you want to feel comfortable with expenses, which makes total sense!
Thanks! I'm still shocked because I seriously never win anything!

And yes, we're disappointed it's going to more than a year out, but at the end of the day, it's only a few months longer, we prefer Fall to Spring, and we'll be able to enjoy living our life in the mean time (the first time for us both just being working adults with two full time incomes and no school work!). We want to be able to enjoy that and do things without having to be so tightly clutched at the budget that we have no fun all year.

It's definitely for the best.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
That's so exciting that you won TWO prizes!!! I wasn't planning to go to any shows but this makes me think I should at least consider it. I don't know about you, but where we live October is the most beautiful month and I would have LOVED to get married then...but it's a busy time at work for me and we also didn't want to wait quite that long, so we decided on a different date. I think it's so awesome that everything seems to be coming together for you, yay! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
BeeCushion|1365612532|3424067 said:
That's so exciting that you won TWO prizes!!! I wasn't planning to go to any shows but this makes me think I should at least consider it. I don't know about you, but where we live October is the most beautiful month and I would have LOVED to get married then...but it's a busy time at work for me and we also didn't want to wait quite that long, so we decided on a different date. I think it's so awesome that everything seems to be coming together for you, yay! :appl:
I know! It's pretty fun. There are some crazy chicks there -- watch out! But the people watching and fashion show were entertaining. And we got some catering samples and free cake tasting!

October is one of the few good months here in FL. It's still hit or miss (like EVERY month of the year) but it's one of the 3-4 moths where ou have a shot at beautiful weather.

Congrats on setting a date!!! :) I'm so ready to have something on paper - but I know waiting will be worth it in the end. We'll find the perfect date and have an awesome day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results