shape
carat
color
clarity

Requesting opinions on this SI1 stone with very strong fluorescence

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
I just ordered this from WF. The sales rep assured me the stone is eye-clean and there are no adverse visual affects from the fluorescence. I am new at this and would like other''s opinions. Thanks in advance.

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-183736.htm
Item Code: AGS-8051706

Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.221
Depth %: 61.3
Table %: 56.3
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.1
Star : 52.1
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Lower Girdle %: 74.9
Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
Measurements: 6.86-6.89X4.22
Light Performance: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Very Strong

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is CONGRATULATIONS, you made a super choice! All of your bases are covered in checking " eyecleanliness" and that the fluorescence is no problem, so you are home and dry!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Pics when you can please??
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely agree with Lorelei !

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t had wf steer me wrong on an si stone yet!
36.gif
i think you are going to be very pleased
28.gif

can''t wait to see it!

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback.

I still have some concern about the performance of the stone. One of my concerns is the price. It was the least expensive stone matching my cut quality search criteria, which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it. FWIW, this is what I searched for:

Round shape, Excellent - Very Good cut, AGS0 Include, H&A Include, 1.15 - 1.3 cts, F - H clarity, VS2 - SI1 clarity, GIA and AGS certified.

Why was this stone less expensive than its peers?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:06:15 PM
Author: Mini Me
Thanks for the feedback.

I still have some concern about the performance of the stone. One of my concerns is the price. It was the least expensive stone matching my cut quality search criteria, which makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it. FWIW, this is what I searched for:

Round shape, Excellent - Very Good cut, AGS0 Include, H&A Include, 1.15 - 1.3 cts, F - H clarity, VS2 - SI1 clarity, GIA and AGS certified.

It isn''t less expensive than its peers - you need to search for 1.2-1.23 H si1 and you will see it is in line. F and vs2 will raise the price.

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
Hmmmm. I tried narrowing the search as you suggested. After searching on here, on Blue Nile, and also on White Flash, I still think my stone is somewhat less expensive than others. My guess is the strong fluorescence is the reason for the lower price. Or maybe I just got lucky and got a good price. I am eager to see the stone!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, stones with fluor are sometimes discounted. Please show pics when you get it!!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 5:06:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Don''t worry about it. I also got a diamond from WF that had strong blue fluor and H VS2. I have yet to find any stones in the 1.1 to 1.25 range (mine is a 1.24) that comes closer than $800 more than we paid. I think the strong blue fluor is the reason for the discount. Just take it out in sunlight and make sure it still makes you happy. Mine gets a blue glow to it in sunlight, almost like a glacial lake. I was worried at first that the blue glow was haze and that the facets weren''t as crisp in the sunlight but in the end I fell in LOVE with it. I don''t worry anymore about why it cost so much less than comparable diamonds because I celebrate that it costs less :)

Just get it and decide what you think. I think you''ll be pleased.

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reassurance. I''ll be sure to post some pics.

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
My ring has arrived. I will post some pics.

WF2_0313.jpg

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
My first attempt at diamond photography.

WF_06.jpg

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
I am pleased!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

WF_08.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
It is BEAUTIFUL !!!!! So glad you love it . . . how did it look in sunlight?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, the numbers on this stone are great and it looks fabulous! I love a little blue flour, very pretty!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is as gorgeous as the numbers indicated - fantastic diamond, well done you!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful!!! Congratulations!!
36.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic.

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!

Mini Me

Rough_Rock
The more I look at this stone, the more I like it. Haven''t seen it in direct sunlight yet because it has been rainy and snowy here in Maryland. I took the ring to an appraiser today and saw it under her UV light. Wow! So Cool! It glowed the most beautiful mystical blue. It really came to life just like the stones in Wink''s video. I wish I could take a UV pic to share. This pic was taken in indirect halogen light. I think there is some fluorescence shining through the table.

00014.JPG

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Mini Me, your ring looks gorgeous. I love the idea of strong flourescence in a stone, it gives an extra dimension to a beautiful stone. Congratulations!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 12:33:53 AM
The more I look at this stone, the more I like it. Haven''t seen it in direct sunlight yet because it has been rainy and snowy here in Maryland. I took the ring to an appraiser today and saw it under her UV light. Wow! So Cool! It glowed the most beautiful mystical blue. It really came to life just like the stones in Wink''s video. I wish I could take a UV pic to share. This pic was taken in indirect halogen light. I think there is some fluorescence shining through the table.
You should be able to capture the fluor on a sunny day, if you aim the stone and camera just right. The picture in my avatar is the blue glow of my diamond in direct sunlight. It is gorgeous and the more I looked at it, the more I loved it. Enjoy, it is so exciting, isn''t it?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on finding a stone you love. I love the completed ring! Hikerchick, yours is beautiful too. I love the color!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful diamond and a beautiful ring. I love strong blue fluor. Would love to see more pics!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results