shape
carat
color
clarity

Requesting Help with London Blue Topaz Engagement

UVAgrad12

Rough_Rock
Hello PS Community.
I have been browsing and reading and researching for weeks and am finally ready to take the leap and am looking for assistance.

I would like to have an engagement ring made with a London blue topaz. Looking for a stone in the 3-4 carat range, a striking saturated deep blue. Once I have the stone I am planning to find someone who can add a rose gold bezel and maybe a diamond halo.

I know this stone is abundant and relatively inexpensive but I am having a really hard time finding any on the sites of the recommended vendors. Anything I'm finding is overseas and coated. Is there a particular vendor you guys recommend for a London blue topaz or any stones you've seen that would fit what I'm looking for. Open to any shape except oval. Prefer a cushion but would definitely consider a well cut round.

Any stone advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks so much everyone

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems has one London blue piece of rough available. He can cut them in any desired shape for you. He has cut two topazes for me (for dk as well): one top colour natural blue topaz and one electric blue topaz. You might love electric blue topaz as well? Doug also has some electric blue rough stones that can be cut exactly to your liking.

Topazes are not as hard as sapphires for example. But because of the price you could replace the stone without paying an exorbitant price.

img_13221.jpg

img_13222.jpg

img_13223.jpg

UVAgrad12

Rough_Rock
Acinom - wow your ring in breathtaking. And thank you for sharing the electric blue thread. It gave me a lot of design ideas.

I already contacted Jeff, who doesn't have any London blue in the size I want. I did send Doug an inquiry as his rough would be perfect.

Thank you to everyone for recommendations, please do keep them coming.

UVAgrad12

Rough_Rock
So this is the stone I decided on from Jeff Davies. It is 5.6 carats in an octagon custom cut. It's a little lighter than I originally was looking for but Jeff assured me that it's the deepest he goes on the Londons without losing brilliance.

I have contacted David klass on a quote for a diamond halo. Who else do you guys recommend I should contact for additional quotes? Trying to stay somewhat reasonable so I think places like BGD and Victor are out.

Thank you.

img_13658.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a blue topaz person but I have to admit the one you selected is fantastically gorgeous!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what kind of halo will you be doing?
I love this stone!

UVAgrad12

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I fell in love with the stone as soon as I saw it. Hopefully it's equally as nice in person. It's coming from thailand so I have awhile to wait.

In terms of setting, I was hoping for a diamond halo, either prong of bezel, similar to what acinom posted above, but with a simple one sided halo.

UVAgrad12

Rough_Rock
Was also considering something like this from sally at HOW.

img_13659.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have found an amazing stone!!! It's just stunning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results