shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable moonstone sellers?

M

maru8888777

Hello, I'm looking for a high quality blue or rainbow moonstone to make a pendant. I tried to go through the old threads to find a seller, but am having trouble finding that info. Any advice?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cdgemstones has one at the moment which is spectacular. I remember a few years ago that thegemstoneproject used to be able to source very high quality ones from mayer and watt (they are not a cheap source. The rainbow ones were jaw dropping though).

The other long time vendor of blue sheen moonstone around here was heartsofwater. Again less active recently though.

M

maru8888777

The one from Cdgemstones is gorgeous, just a bit more than I can pay for now. I've written Sally from Hearts of Water to see if she has stones to make into a pendant... I've seen less stuff from her as of late. Cecile Raley has gorgeous things, but I'm looking for a cabochon... thank you both!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excitting project .....
Looking forward to followings along
good luck in your search

M

maru8888777

Thanks! I'm reaching out to hearts of water.... will let you know how that goes!

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Why do you want a blue moonstone? Is it because it carries deep healing and feminine energies?

M

maru8888777

I could certainly use the healing energies (didn't know they had them!), but I just find I like rainbow moonstones too. I love colored stones, mostly emeralds, but my grandmother used to have a gorgeous moonstone necklace that has since been lost, and I think the pandemic has made me nostalgic.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could certainly use the healing energies (didn't know they had them!), but I just find I like rainbow moonstones too. I love colored stones, mostly emeralds, but my grandmother used to have a gorgeous moonstone necklace that has since been lost, and I think the pandemic has made me nostalgic.

I would contact desert rose on IG. shes heading to the tuscon gem shows and might be able to find something for you

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last intergem show I went to had lots of moonstone. I forget the dealer, but it’s where I got mine. Super high cabochon too. It’s one of few gems I trust getting at gem shows, as long as you don’t can spot the difference in opalescent glass, which is a common simulant, but easy to spot if you know the difference. This huge gem was around $250 if I remember correctly. 76A69984-EDED-433C-A07E-988FF6CFB1A9.jpeg DFBB91EB-78C7-496C-98B8-CBA7229634DD.jpeg

M

maru8888777

What a beautiful ring and stone! The price is great for the size, too! What I've seen is much, much smaller.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never heart of moonstone eadfda50ec4f4a94f65a685ac2964b90.jpg until Twilight
Im sure a teenage girl of limited financial means (pre rich vampire benefactor :lol: ) would not have had a very exspensive ring to wear to high school but i have since always kind of wanted one
(Im young at heart)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, what size/shape are you looking for in a moonstone? Budget?

I love this 7ct fat pear-shape rainbow moonstone cabochon for a pendant ... it is a lovely moonstone but spendy at $695
https://www.etsy.com/listing/553802708/triangular-7ct-rainbow-moonstone?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1

1617935722774.png

I have bought from this etsy vendor before (jadeite) and found her photos and descriptions accurate and she has solid customer service; I do recommend her and would buy from her again.

I am looking forward to seeing the moonstones that Sally/HOW comes up with --- she has a good eye!

M

maru8888777

OP, what size/shape are you looking for in a moonstone? Budget?

I love this 7ct fat pear-shape rainbow moonstone cabochon for a pendant ... it is a lovely moonstone but spendy at $695
https://www.etsy.com/listing/553802708/triangular-7ct-rainbow-moonstone?ref=shop_home_active_2&frs=1

1617935722774.png

I have bought from this etsy vendor before (jadeite) and found her photos and descriptions accurate and she has solid customer service; I do recommend her and would buy from her again.

I am looking forward to seeing the moonstones that Sally/HOW comes up with --- she has a good eye!

Oh wow, that's gorgeous! And substantial! I'll definitely consider it, but I'm waiting to see what Sally has to say. I do like the shape of this stone. I'm looking to make a simple pendant with a fine, gem quality moonstone with few inclusions, and the moonstone above is around my budget, actually. Thank you! I know rainbow and blue moonstones are totally different, but I love both.

M

maru8888777

I found this on Sally's instagram page:
Love!

M

maru8888777

Thank you all! Sally sent me some images to choose from, and I'm waiting on prices. I'll post them as soon as I get a minute, since I'm having trouble deciding!

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
Looking forward to this, it’s super fun shopping with Sally vicariously ;-).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sally seems like a kind old soul. Her messages are almost poetic. I've got three projects with her. You're in excellent hands if you go through Sally.

M

maru8888777

We're choosing the stone and style! I think I'm leaning towards a prong setting with a bigger, round stone. Sally showed me a beautiful blue marquise stone that doesn't fit what I am looking for, but it is quite extraordinary. I seem to have lost the image, but I'll try to find it!

M

maru8888777

moons.jpg
I am choosing between the two in the middle. I'll try to find the marquise she sent too if anyone is curious. Sally is lovely and I think this is going to be the beginning of more projects together! I have my eyes set on a spinel or a ruby, but have also been checking out star sapphires. It never ends!

M

maru8888777

OK, I picked my moonstone (smaller cab) and the project is ready to go! I have some stones to set (a bright red spinel that I want in a ring, what might be a sapphire that was my mother's, an emerald) and I have loved working with Sally, so hopefully we can start some more projects soon!

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
Exciting! I really like the cab. Can’t wait to see the finished project(s)! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results