shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable jewelers in india

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Our son is traveling in northern India for two months or so. I would like him to get me a 22 carat gold bracelet while he is there and mail it home to me. Does anyone know of any reputable jewelers in Varanasi, the next good size city he is planning on visiting? Also, will these jewelers be able to ship the bracelet to the U.S.? He is traveling by bike (!!! ) and does not want to carry it with him. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He could ship it back (insured) on the same day for safety.

FedEx has a few locations in/near Varanasi, or so their website says, but some are nearer than others...:
https://www.fedex.com/locate/index.html?locale=en_IN

2.3km
FedEx World Service Center
A-K & C-19/131A, Behind Ip Mall, Sigra
Varanasi, UP 221002

Last pickup:
FedEx Express Pickup Not Available
Sun : Closed
Mon - Sat : 10:00 - 18:30

45km
FedEx Station
Shop No73 & 74Bida Complex
[Station Road,Bhadohi]
Badhohi, UP 221401
+91 - 5414 - 224

Last pickup:
Mon - Sat : 9:30 - 18:30

135km
FedEx Station
542-A Transport Nagar
Allahabad, UP 211011
1800-209-6161

Last pickup:
Mon - Sat : 9:30 - 18:30

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, oohShiny. I will pass on the Fed Ex information to him. This will give him piece of mind.

Does anyone know of any jewelers who would not rip him off.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure there are any india-based members, and even if there are, it is a very large country with a billion or more people, so I think you will be lucky if anyone will have local knowledge, but you never know!

Fingers crossed! :))

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
I have not noticed members from India, either. There are so many members from other areas in the world I thought it might be worth a shot. If not, then I will go with google. Thank you so much,

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
You can ask him to try this store as it is a reputable chain across the country. He can ask them about shipping to US, Fedex should also work.

Tanishq VARANASI (NEAR KUBER COMPLEX)
Store Address
Shop No-1, Swastik City Centre, 58/7,Rath Yatra Crossing,Varanasi - 221010.

Phone 05422226744, 09918700690

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, rinkyb!! I will tell him this!

mermaid76

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am not India-based, but am from India. My concern here is..most brick and mortar jewellery stores in India do not have a return policy at all!! Are you really so confident of your biking son's choice :) Also the markup in these stores can be crazy. If it is 22ct gold that you want and you somehow feel that that can only be had from India...have you tried buying Indian gold jewellery online ? If you are US-based, you still have a few options...a google search should give you results..not sure if I can post links in here!! Also, those online stores are not too high in their mark-ups either, and have generous return policies.

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Mermaid76,thank you for your input. Our son took a five week jaunt to Nepal to hike so nothing was ever purchased. He left Nepal yesterday and is biking back to Varanasi. You bring up very good points that make me reconsider having him get me a bracelet. I did go online today to see and I’m not sure you aren’t right. I can choose what I want, rather than have my truly clueless knight in shining armor get me something which will make me shudder. I think that I am rethinking this whole idea now.

Thank you, everyone for your input!

mermaid76

Rough_Rock
Mcgregor, glad to be of help :) Do post what you buy eventually...I really look forward to seeing your treasure when you do get it, especially since I am in the process of building up my own (still small) collection of gold jewellery!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results