shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable jeweler in LA/Orange County?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all-

My favorite cousin has finally gotten the green light to start looking at rings. She''s mentioned liking some Tacori''s and Simon G''s she saw. Can somone recommend a jeweler in LA/Orange County for her to look at some of these settings (and other similar antiquey styels)?

She also would like to take a look at some loose stones to get an idea of her "comfort level." I''ve already informed her of Whiteflash but she''d like to see some in person. I''d love for her to see some superideals, H&As and AGS000s, if possible. They aren''t looking at anything major so a standard jeweler is fine (between 1-1.3 carats).

She got her initial looks at loose stones at Robinson Bros. and I told her immediately I''d find her a better place. She mentioned the stones she saw were "dull." She did mention an interesting life-time warranty policy on the stone (ie. free replacement in chipping or something like that). Anyone know about that?

Thanks everyone!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
*Bump*

gsohl

Rough_Rock
While I don''t have any firsthand experience with them, you might try
Liberty Diamond Cutters
for looking at loose stones. There are a couple posts from others who have used
them.

I had a difficult time finding a LA area jeweler I liked (never went to Liberty), so I ended up getting something from GOG.

Good luck to your cousin.

1.gif

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
You can try FELDI in LA downtwon Jewelry Mart. They are at the St. Vincent Center.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I had a great experience at Oscar''s in the LA jewelry mart. I ended up buying from them.

Servis & Taylor in the Westside Pavilion in West LA was great as well. Well, one of the owner''s, Richard Servis, was great. I liked his honesty and willingness to teach, altho you gotta remember to use your own judgment as all jewelers have their own personal preferences.

I really wish I could have bought from both of them, but unfortunately, I''m not that rich yet.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/3/2006 7:18:12 PM
Author: maxspinel
You can try FELDI in LA downtwon Jewelry Mart. They are at the St. Vincent Center.
If she ends up at the SVJC, I hear that Personal Touch (Booth H-13) is a great place. I visited them once and really liked them, but didn''t buy because I hadn''t decided on what exactly I was looking for. I know they deal with EGL LA and GIA, so she just needs to make sure she is looking at GIA stones if that is what she is interested in.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really liked peter norman in brentwood, 23rd st jewelers in santa monica, and sarah leonard in westwood. However, these jewelers are not inexpensive. I would never purchase stones from them because I think they are overpriced, but I would definitely trust them with metal work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results