shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Ebay sellers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kel

Rough_Rock
has anyone bought a diamond ring or a loose diamond from Ebay and had a fab experience? I''ve been researching my diamond for ages now and our budget will not stretch to what I originally thought - well, it will but I''m trying to save the pennies!

I''ve looked at MDC Diamonds and read mixed reports about them? I''m basically after an excellent deal on a cushion cut diamond (between 0.80 to 1.0 carat)

Thanks in advance!

Kel

Rough_Rock
Bump (cos no-one ever answers my posts!!!)
33.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would guess that is becuase no on has had any positive experinces with them. As for cushions, I would PM Moremoremore as she seems to know a fair bit about them.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hands down, 5th Ave Jewels on ebay! They are a NY jeweler called Deena Jewelers and I have purchased many items from them (rings, earrings, tennis bracelet). They always have exactly what I am looking for, high quality (though not always cheap, but cheaper), and their customer service is great, prompt and always willing to help.

good luck!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would stay away from any big company with negative feedback or mixed reviews. Many of the ebay deals i''ve gotten have come from an individual and not an ebay business. Some of the bigger business have misreprented stuff so they are the ones to watch. Facets/Signed pieces and Diamonds by Lauren both have store and sell on ebay. you can also do a search her on ebay and a bunch of old threads will pop up. Lynn B just found a Michael b lace ring on ebay and got a great deal. here thread is here

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Please stay away from Ebay diamonds.

There are very, very few bargins on Ebay...but lots of poor quality diamonds.

Blod
35.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have had a few diamond experiences on Ebay....Not all diamonds on Ebay are bad.

I normally get the items from individuals rather than "Ebay Stores" but I have purchased from 5th Avenue Jewelry on Ebay and they were GREAT.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/5/2006 8:27:59 AM
Author:Kel
has anyone bought a diamond ring or a loose diamond from Ebay and had a fab experience? I''ve been researching my diamond for ages now and our budget will not stretch to what I originally thought - well, it will but I''m trying to save the pennies!

I''ve looked at MDC Diamonds and read mixed reports about them? I''m basically after an excellent deal on a cushion cut diamond (between 0.80 to 1.0 carat)

Thanks in advance!
Just a quick follow up to your question. I would be very careful buying a diamond on Ebay. I see clarity enhanced diamonds, over graded diamonds, chipped diamonds, etc. etc. Usually the appraisals that are provided show retail replacement values that are from another planet. Also, any negative aspect of the diamond is oftentimes omitted from any accompanying documents. Some of the appraisal documents that I have seen are all "fluff" and no substance. Buyer beware as always. If you do decide to buy, find a reputable dealer with alot of positive feedbacks and a written return / guarantee policy...some good dealers exist.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results