shape
carat
color
clarity

Repro of vintage wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nellen

Rough_Rock
I was wondering how easy or difficult it is to reproduce an antique or vintage styled wedding band. Would a normal B&M jeweler be able to produce an engraved wedding band or would the reproduction of a vintage styled wedding band be a job for someone who is specialized in doing such reproduction bands? I was thinking something in the lines of the attached ring without the millgrain.

I would like the ring to be custom made from an old 18k yellow gold ring which belonged to my great-grandmother. So because of this sentimental reason I wouldn't like to purchase a completely new ring but have the old ring recycled into a new ring for me. But can it be done?

vihki1.jpg

ringthings

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have an answer for you, but I love the idea. I''ll be watching for ideas/answers from others!
That''s a pretty ring. I would imagine that they could melt down your old ring, and make the new one from that. I''d be sure to find reviews of the jeweler you choose.

I have plain gold bands from both grandma''s. Not the originals (I don''t think), and they aren''t engraved. I posted a while back about what I could do with them. I decided to leave them as is for now, but might eventually make a "link" type necklace, or have a stone added.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results