shape
carat
color
clarity

Reply to Jessme7

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
Im responding to your post in the thin band forum.

I looked at my ring it has Danhov''s name on the inside and something that looks like 900er or 900et....I can''t really tell LOL.

I have not got my band yet. I haven''t even started looking really LOL. The setting with the pave cost 3300 or close to that figure, I believe, so I have a feeling that a matching band would be right up there in price (ive been afraid to ask) =). When we were designing the setting with him, he told us there were cheaper options but FI liked the look of the french pave the most so opted for the pricier setting. I have contemplated asking him to make a matching band using a less time consuming (and cheaper) pave setting but keeping the width the same. I have also thought about just getting a band to wear on my left finger that doesnt necessarily match the ring and moving my ring to my right hand or just not wearing a band after marriage at all.

I took a look at the link you put in the other forum. The width matches well, you can''t even tell that is wasnt made as a set. I prefer a straight band look myself, but the pics you posted are lovely.

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for replying to me.
I did return the conture band and got the straight version. I think I am sticking with this one. I know the band does not match perfectly but the price works (275 vs. 2300) I have attached a few pics, tell me what you honestly think. I agree with you, I think I would probably be wearing the ring by itself, and depending of where or what I am doing I will just wear the band.
I got white gold instead of plat. So 3300 for yours sounds right. I really wish I got to go to the DanHov store to really see things for myself. Their website is not helpfull at all.
Do you know how thick the band is? I am guessing 1.8mm, not sure though. I called JA today and they said that because they sold the ring to me and not directly DanHov, that I will not have a DanHov stamp in the ring. It just says 18k.
So did DanHov offer you any waived service fees, for getting the ring repolished or things like that?
Let me know when you get your band (if you get one), I am curious to see it. I would love to see more pics of your ring too if you got time.

Hope you are not stressing out wedding planning....I am!!!
26.gif

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
straight band

IMG_0811.JPG

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
another

IMG_0800.JPG

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
it matches better when not looked at up close
3.gif

IMG_0795aa.JPG

Jessme7

Shiny_Rock
one more

IMG_0801.JPG

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
I bought the ring through JA and then went directly to Danhov for the setting. I live in LA so it was pretty convenient and i wanted to detail exactly what i wanted. I did everything with them except pay (that went through JA). Maybe thats why i have the stamp or their name on it. It was great for us because we live in California and paying through JA meant no sales tax =)

To my knowlege Danhov didnt throw anything extra in other then the setting, then again I have not asked them for anything either so who knows what they would do for me since i got the ring there.

I have the worst digital camera ever, i dont even think that it is 3 pixels or megapixels LOl.. i want to say 2.1MP. So more pics will have to wait. Perhaps i will upgrade camera when i get my band =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results