shape
carat
color
clarity

replica tiffany setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
I really like the look of the 6 prong tiffany setting, but it''s obviously not in our budget (and I''d rather put the $$ toward a nicer stone than the Tiffany name). A lot of places sell a 6 prong setting, but they are very stiff looking and the prongs are totally different. (Hard to explain, but you all know what I mean).

I was so excited to hear that Superb Cert makes a Tiffany setting.... until I went to their website and saw it''s $1250! Unfortunately they don''t have a white gold setting...

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Diamond-Solitaire-Engagement-Rings-11/Classic-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-In-Platinum-640.html

Mark mentioned that he was planning to spend appx $4000, so this setting would be a significant chunk of it. Do any other companies make similar Tiffany replica settings? It doesn''t have to be an exact replica, but I like the more curvaceous sides as compared to something like this:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=3073

thoughts?

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash makes a 6-prong Tiffany style setting; in 18k white gold it''s only $270:

http://whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/6-Prong--Tiffany--Style---18k-Gold_993.htm

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a side-view picture of it? Their website doesn''t really have many other pictures...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
you have to hit enlarge to see other views.

The knife edge style I posted has the "swoopy" looking prongs that you are probably looking for, but it''s in plat. and it''s a little over 1K.

they have other cool and unique solitaire designs though.

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
The Whiteflash one is very nice, and the prongs are very close - yet the knife-edge band is quite bulky and thick. I remember seeing a post of a guy proposing with that ring (after he had WF shave down the sides a bit), then took the ring from his FI and sent it to Superbcert to have it re-set. I remember him commenting on how much closer it actually was. Maybe someone could chime in if they remember who this PS''er was. I also don''t know how to attach posts
15.gif
(so I''m virtually useless - sorry!!)
Alot of vendors offer that ''Tiffany-type setting'', and you''re right that the prongs can''t be that "straight'', much more of a softer look would be closer to the authentic setting.

denttricks

Rough_Rock
This is my first post and first question. Where could I get a Tiffany style Emerald cut ring with the tapered baguettes on each side? I''ve not seen it at Whiteflash or NiceIce. If you know of somewhere, could you tell me of your experience with them and/or their products?

BTW, I want to have an Emerald cut, VVS2, I stone set.

Thanks,

Troy

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2007 1:38:11 AM
Author: denttricks
This is my first post and first question. Where could I get a Tiffany style Emerald cut ring with the tapered baguettes on each side? I''ve not seen it at Whiteflash or NiceIce. If you know of somewhere, could you tell me of your experience with them and/or their products?

BTW, I want to have an Emerald cut, VVS2, I stone set.

Thanks,

Troy
Hi Troy,

Welcome to PS. Why don''t you start your own thread? I''m sure others would love to help you out.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
Oh, Kit! Your ring is beautiful. I read your entire thread and am so sad they no longer will sell the setting separately. I don''t know if they can do an additional surcharge (like add $50 or something) but I don''t know that I''d want to buy my whole ring there...

What a tease! I''m assuming they wont negotiate on that..

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Check out the stuller solstice solitaire, particularly the head. It is swoopy like you like. Most jewelers can order from the stuller catalogue and the prices are great! Several ladies on pricescope have the solstice head on a different shank. I think a pricescoper named Patty who has not posted in a long time has the solstice solitaire, maybe you can search for her ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results