shape
carat
color
clarity

Replacing side sapphire in vintagw ring

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
My fiancé and I picked out an amazing vintage engagement ring this summer. Sadly, yesterday one of the side stones fell out. I had my company’s maintenance team sweep the office and they even searched the trash cans for me, but no luck. It’s a unique cut - an elongated French cut by the looks of it. I have insurance and they said they can work with my jeweler to get it replaced. How hard will it be to get a match, though? I’m really worried! Photos below of the ring before the stone fell out and after.

F424A9C0-F4C9-40F6-B65F-98BF24BF7F90.jpeg A9D748FD-1E98-4AC6-AE81-E3793D1EAB52.jpeg (

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
If it were a cornflower blue, I’d be worried about finding a match. But the dark royal blue variety is more common and less expensive, so I don’t think it will be a problem. Is your jeweller confident about the repair?

GlitterGal1234

Rough_Rock
If it were a cornflower blue, I’d be worried about finding a match. But the dark royal blue variety is more common and less expensive, so I don’t think it will be a problem. Is your jeweller confident about the repair?

I called him and asked if he could do it and he seemed confident. But he has only seen the ring once, when he appraised it - he didn't see it after the stone fell out. I have to wait for my insurer to give me the go-ahead before I bring it to him.

The stone is actually a little brighter than in the photos. It's not quite cornflower, but it's definitely more of a royal blue than a navy blue. I'm hoping that's not a problem.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results