shape
carat
color
clarity

Rehearsal-What are you wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you wearing to your rehearsal/rehearsal dinner? Is it ok to be casual? I think I''d like to wear jeans and a cute top with heels or something, but I was always under the impression that the bride had to wear a dress. Is this true?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Good question! Since the weather will be nice I may wear a sundress or something, especially since we''ll be doing the rehearsal in the morning.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat, how formal is your actual wedding?

I would think jeans/cute top/heels would be totally fine, as long as you let everyone else know it will be casual.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I wore a white sundress with red heels. (July 2009: Texas)

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i think you can wear jeans with a cute top and heels if you want! my best friend did that to her rehearsal and she looked great and i can''t imagine anyone questioned it.

i''ll be wearing a dress to mine b/c it fits the venue/formality of the event and b/c i wear jeans/cute top/heels every day basically so for me to work and out on the weekends so it''ll be nice to break the norm.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to do a nice brightly colored sundress with heels. We''ll be outside in the heat of the summer, so it''d be nice to be cool
2.gif

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I will be wearing a white cotton eyelet sundress, with brown cropped cardigan (for the church), pink high heels and pink accessories. Like others have said, the weather is gonna be hot.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I went pretty formal (black and white satiny dress with purple shoes) but that''s because I loved the dress and needed an excuse to buy it.
9.gif
We were also in November in Seattle so it was cold and rainy!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I''m wearing a fuschia pink to the knee strapless dress with a black sash and satin black shoes. Its actually the exact opposite of what my BM outfits are for the wedding. I loved their dresses SO much I got one for me too in the opposite color!
9.gif

tigerhearted

Shiny_Rock
I''m wearing a dress from J Crew, but only because I never get the chance to dress up! So I''m taking advantage of the opportunity. XD

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I''m wearing THIS with black platform peeptoe stilettos and some killer coral/gold colored vintage earrings. The dress is a little busy, but its so adorable on!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 2:02:43 PM
Author: pinki
I''m wearing THIS with black platform peeptoe stilettos and some killer coral/gold colored vintage earrings. The dress is a little busy, but its so adorable on!
You should totally post a picture of this outfit all put together .. sounds awesome!
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
This was my rehearsal dinner dress (I got married in Colorado in June 2009). It ended up doing double duty as my dancing dress at the reception when I had some wardrobe issues with my wedding gown.

kbreceptiondress.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on how casual the rehearsal is. We had our rehearsal dinner at a BBQ place so I wore a casual dress and flat sandals. My wedding was July so it was HOT. If my wedding was in the fall or winter I would have definitely worn jeans.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...It seems as though dresses are the norm.

Now, to find a dress...
5.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore a short dress from White House Black Market.
We were married in Chicago in July, and we had a super casual rehearsal dinner at Lou Malnati''s, the best pizza joint in the city.
2.gif

HavensRehearsaldress.jpg

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Looking at this thread, I''m starting to think I should wear a white dress! However, I already bought something for the occasion...
I bought a flowy NB dress from Priscilla of boston. I was looking through BM dresses for my girls and found a dress I liked so much I figured I''d wear it for the rehearsal and other future weddings. IN this color

vy1505_primary.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 9:30:33 PM
Author: happydreams
Looking at this thread, I''m starting to think I should wear a white dress! However, I already bought something for the occasion...
I bought a flowy NB dress from Priscilla of boston. I was looking through BM dresses for my girls and found a dress I liked so much I figured I''d wear it for the rehearsal and other future weddings. IN this color
Cute dress, happy dreams. I think that is great for rehearsal dinners and future weddings!

House Cat, you can wear whatever you like to your rehearsal dinner. I''ve seen a range of outfits from jeans to dresses. My friends have also varied on what colors they wore. I just remember that they looked great since they were soo happy and excited to be getting married and happiness is definitely it''s own accessory! As for us, depending on where we have our rehearsal dinner I may be in a dress or potentially jeans. I also haven''t decided yet. Good luck on finding your outfit!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Wear what you like! It''s all about feeling cute :)

I''m hoping to save up enough for this for mine!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing a white sundress, and probably colored heels with a matching colored cardigan or jacket, depending on the weather. My dress is easy to dress up or wear more casually.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results