shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
What items do you plan on putting on your registry. Do you have a minimum and maximum price level, if so what is it?
So far FF and I have mostly kitchen items (cookware, electronics), dinnerware (plates, flatware), bath towels, bedding, etc. Our min is 20 our max 300, so far.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Not planning yet (not engaged yet) so no, we haven't even thought about it.

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I jokingly told SO that I wanted a really nice step stool (there is a thread in Newly Weds all about best wedding gifts and they mention this, a ton). We're both pretty short, like under 5'3".

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I'd stick to things you'd want to receive from your friends and family. A friend of mine has a registry for over $10,000-- which I believe to be absurd. What do you need to start your life together? Luggage? China?
I just thought it got extreme when she had oven mits and a deep fryer...

Congrats!!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I want to register at Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, and Target. The only thing I know I want to register for is a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
10,000 wow that's a lot :shock: we won't be registering for anything near that price range.
NCSUchick27 -Our registry is similar we registered at Crate & Barrel, William Sonoma and Pottery Barn

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We aren't having a registry because we pretty much have all of our household necessities. IF I did have a registry I'd prob put kitchen stuff on there...I just love anything kitchen :)

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
NCSUchick27 said:
I want to register at Crate and Barrel, Williams-Sonoma, and Target. The only thing I know I want to register for is a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.

I LOVE my KitchenAid Mixer! Too bad I got it when I was 18.. so it's baby pink.. :wacko: Good thing my fiance isn't wholly opposed to having pink appliances.

Right now I think we're going to register at Crate and Barrel and Macy's. We live fairly close to the SF Macy's which is 8 stories high (just for womens and home). Also, they have a great completion program. I'm thinking that our registry will have stuff ranging from $10 - $400. I don't expect anyone to buy ANYTHING from our registry, but at least we'll get a discount off of the stuff we want once the wedding is over and done with. ;))

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I love kitchen stuff too! Whenever we register it will be for all the basic necessities like pots, pans, dishes, silverware, towels, etc. We will probably register at Target, Kohls, and Bed Bath and Beyond. We are pretty frugal people and I don't think we will put anything on there that I wouldn't consider spending the money on myself.

heyme

Rough_Rock
We already have SO much stuff from living together for several years, I don't think we'll need a registry. Has anyone thought about a honeymoon registry? I don't know how people would react to something like HoneymoonWishes.com, but I'd love to just have any gifts to go towards our honeymoon...

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I found this pretty cool site that allows you to register at different stores for different things and it's all organized in one place.
http://www.giftregistry360.com/
This is more for people who want really sporadic things that cannot all be found in Bed, Bath, and Beyond :wink2:

A

Anonymous

We *might* register at Amazon.com, but not sure. We really have everything that we need in terms of "stuff" and aren't super comfortable with picking out registry things/asking people for stuff. We just want them to come celebrate with us. :twirl: Besides, I don't want to haul a load of stuff across the country after the wedding. :shock:

vintagelover

Rough_Rock
wakingdreams53 said:
I found this pretty cool site that allows you to register at different stores for different things and it's all organized in one place.
http://www.giftregistry360.com/
This is more for people who want really sporadic things that cannot all be found in Bed, Bath, and Beyond :wink2:

I recently went to a wedding where they had this as one of their options (had a registry at a travel agency), I think the guests loved this idea and over half of them contributed - I am almost certain they had money left over for future travelling too!! :bigsmile:

I think this will be one of my options as my SO and I have been living together for years and already have the stuff around the house we need.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results