shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry stalking and other registry matters

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure we all do our fair share of stalking our own registries, but does anyone ever look at the registries of complete strangers?
We are registered at bed bath and beyond, and sometimes when I''m checking (stalking) my own registry, I go into other peoples to see what types of stuff they registered for. Sometimes it even gives me ideas!

Another question... Do/did any of you continue to add to your registries after people started to purchase things from it? Our shower invites have been sent out, and a few items have been purchased already, but I found some other things that I would like to register for. What are your thoughts on this?

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I totally stalk random registries. Sometimes I go in and type random names and see what I find. It gives me ideas too!!!

Most friends/family tell me not to registry stalk, even once invites are out. If you ask the sales people though, they want you to add add add no matter what. If people make comments to me close to the wedding about my registry getting low, I will probably add a few items. I am so tempted to look all the time!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm..maybe I should stop stalking? Be surprised when I get all this fabulous stuff, instead of already knowing?

Not likely!

But I''ll try
17.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
This is too funny. I just registered the other day at one store and mentioned to the sales lady that I registry stalk people I know are engaged, but might not necessarily be close to or invited to the wedding. Sometimes I think a registry really tells a lot about a couple. But of course now it makes me nervous that someone will stalk MINE!

I think it''s okay to check in on your own registry to see what guests have selected. I mean, you already know what''s on there and you know guests are likely to purchase at least a few items off of it, so I don''t think it''s a big deal to look in advance.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been trying not to stalk mine! We got it all fine tuned two weeks ago, and now my shower invites are out (shower is in three weeks). I told myself I will not look until after the shower but some days I''ve come close!

I''ve never registry stalked a stranger but I do stalk acquaintances and friends occasionally. I think it''s so interesting to see what people want!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
slightly embarrassed to say that i have totally done both
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results