shape
carat
color
clarity

Registry-regrets/loves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a newlywed, but thought I would ask about registering from the experts.

What gifts from your registry are you so glad that you reistered for and have gotten a lot of use of?

WHat gifts from your registry have you not used at all? Wish you hadn''t bothered with?

Is there anything that you wish you had registered for and didn''t?

I need to start registering before mid-September, our first party, so just wanted any tips/advice from those that have been through it!

Thanks!!!!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I''m thinking of registering at

Williams Sonoma
Crate and Barrel
and then maybe Macy''s

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
The thing that I loved most that we registered for was our china - we registered for fine bone china that is plain white, able to be dressed up and down, microwave and dishwasher safe - and we absolutely love it! We use it everyday and are thrilled with the pattern we chose (Wedgwood Nantucket) - both for looks and ease of care!

I also LOVE our KitchenAid Stand Mixer - it''s one of my favorites!

I kind of regret not registering for any new sheets - we had nice bedding, but a few extra sets of sheets would have been nice!

Definitely register for sheets, towels, linens, etc - you can never have enough of those!

Have fun registering!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 1:37:13 PM
Author:lala2332
What gifts from your registry are you so glad that you reistered for and have gotten a lot of use of?
Our dishware has been great, and our cookware (a mix of copper and le creuset cast iron, some specialty cookware like a filled-pancake pan)/bakeware. Those are the things I''m most glad to have. Plus a bunch of little kitchen items that I''d never bothered with, like poultry shears and silicone spatulas.

My number-one favorite registry gift is our le creuset braiser. I use it as an everyday multi-use pan and it''s perfect for EVERYTHING, and so easy to clean!! It''s wonderful!!!!

WHat gifts from your registry have you not used at all? Wish you hadn''t bothered with?
Hmm... honestly, the only thing I''m less-than-happy with is my pizza stone. I underestimated how much of a hassle it would be to clean and lug around. That''s just a personal laziness issue, though
3.gif

Is there anything that you wish you had registered for and didn''t?
Nope. We thought pretty long and hard about our registries, and had a bunch of help from our mothers. I feel like we covered everything. There are still a few unfulfilled things that I''d love to finally get at some point!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 1:38:19 PM
Author: lala2332
Also, I''m thinking of registering at

Williams Sonoma
Crate and Barrel
and then maybe Macy''s
That''s a pretty good list. Covers a good spectrum of price ranges and availability to OOTers. We registered at W-S, C&B and Pottery Barn.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Well first off huge vote to Macy''s I love it. Pottery Barn has been really nice as well and I am sure C&B is comparable. Had some trouble with BBB, but they sent me a $20 gift card for my trouble so that makes me happy again. Money wins me over, what can I say?
1.gif

Gifts we love so far: Crock pots!! Awesome. Flatware. Lots of kitchen-type stuff is really useful right now. Still working on the other things.

Gifts I don''t necessarily see us using: Deodorizing bar thing..it''s useful, but I am not sure we''re really going to use it that often. But it is always nice to have the option!!
9.gif
Also we are going to be returning our goblets. I registered for like 4 types of glasses I don''t know what I was thinking..we do not need all of these glasses! So we are going to keep the iced beverage glasses and return the goblets and get a huge credit and put it towards cookware and a knife set.

Wish we had added: I wish I had put more on the Pottery Barn registry earlier. Also, more bath stuff like trash cans and stuff at BBB and not just Macy''s. Also should have went ahead and registered for knives earlier!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I registered for a pot rack at C&B and while i didn''t get it, I bought it with gift cards. I love love LOVE it! It''s perfect for the space we have and it''s really freed up a lot of space in our cabinets.

When growing up, my mom had this little 6-8 cup pitcher that she''d use at the table for milk for us kids. I loved it and I''ve always thought of doing the same thing for my kids. I found a really cute pitcher at C&B (online) and registered for it. When I got it it was HUGE-like gallon size! So we returned that because we already have three large pitchers.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 12:10:07 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Well first off huge vote to Macy''s I love it. Pottery Barn has been really nice as well and I am sure C&B is comparable. Had some trouble with BBB, but they sent me a $20 gift card for my trouble so that makes me happy again. Money wins me over, what can I say?
1.gif

Gifts we love so far: Crock pots!! Awesome. Flatware. Lots of kitchen-type stuff is really useful right now. Still working on the other things.

Gifts I don''t necessarily see us using: Deodorizing bar thing..it''s useful, but I am not sure we''re really going to use it that often. But it is always nice to have the option!!
9.gif
Also we are going to be returning our goblets. I registered for like 4 types of glasses I don''t know what I was thinking..we do not need all of these glasses! So we are going to keep the iced beverage glasses and return the goblets and get a huge credit and put it towards cookware and a knife set.

Wish we had added: I wish I had put more on the Pottery Barn registry earlier. Also, more bath stuff like trash cans and stuff at BBB and not just Macy''s. Also should have went ahead and registered for knives earlier!

If you haven''t used it already, you might want to consider returning the stainless odor bar. It''s nothing special. Next time your hands stink, just rub them on your stainless steel sink. Easy peasey smell is gone.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
To add to this, is there anything in particular that your husbands have loved? My FI is pretty down about the registries because it''s all kitchen and bedding stuff, which he doesn''t particularly care about. I asked him what he wanted, and he couldn''t come up with anything...but I feel really bad that the registries are mostly "me" stuff and I''m wondering what to suggest to him that might be more guy-friendly.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
great addendum Octavia!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 6:16:07 PM
Author: Octavia
To add to this, is there anything in particular that your husbands have loved? My FI is pretty down about the registries because it''s all kitchen and bedding stuff, which he doesn''t particularly care about. I asked him what he wanted, and he couldn''t come up with anything...but I feel really bad that the registries are mostly ''me'' stuff and I''m wondering what to suggest to him that might be more guy-friendly.

I won''t lie, my "stuff" or likes totally dominated the registry. But C&B doesn''t sell LCD tvs so DH was SOL in that regard. He did get a nice french press and coffee grinder though, both of which he loves.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I can think of that DH liked was the gift cards we got (and those weren''t registered for, so I guess they don''t count!) His aunt and uncle gave us a gift card to Best Buy so we bought one of our TVs with that and DH LOVES it!

I really like our bedding and our dishes. And I''m so happy we registered at Bed, Bath, and Beyond because the things we decided we didn''t need were easily returned for CASH. Which we used to buy things we DID need and hadn''t remembered to register for (and some of the cash we ended up just keeping ourselves
31.gif
)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We use pretty much everything from our registry. The only thing I regret is registering for a huge coffee maker, I think we''ll be swapping it out for a small one. We just don''t have the counter space.

We registered at Crate & Barrel and Bloomingdale''s, and I definitely recommend both registries.

DH has really enjoyed the set of grill tools we received from a family friend. That man is so in love with "his" grill . . .

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
To add to this, is there anything in particular that your husbands have loved? My FI is pretty down about the registries because it''s all kitchen and bedding stuff, which he doesn''t particularly care about. I asked him what he wanted, and he couldn''t come up with anything...but I feel really bad that the registries are mostly ''me'' stuff and I''m wondering what to suggest to him that might be more guy-friendly.
Yes - we registered for a DAB shower radio. We use it everyday in the bathroom and it''s fantastic!

I was lucky in that my DH LOVES kitchen and house stuff - he was very into choosing saucepans, flatware and odd bits and pieces. Zero interest in bedlinen other than to tell me what he didn''t like (most of it
20.gif
)...

Our plain white bone china has been a favourite. BIL and SIL bought us the top of the range titanium Kenwood Mixer
30.gif
, and our flatware is really nice to have compared with our old ''set'' (ie various forks, knives, spoons)

mel047

Shiny_Rock

We debated on registering for tools for him. We ended up not doing it because we''re still in a tiny apartment and don''t have a garage or anything to house the tools. But I still think this is a good way to incorporate the men into the registry stuff, provided he''s handy and likes tools...

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I am not a newlywed, yet...and I shouldn''t be posting here, especially since we didn''t even register, but my FI LOVES barware and items for the grill.

We threw his friends a couples shower last month with another couple and we used a Bar/Grill theme to incorporate the guys. They received some awesome things and my FI actually went and bought the gift from us all by himself! He bought them a large grill toolbox from Brookstone and I was at first worried that it wasn''t on their registry, until I found out that the groom had very steathily sent links to various things he wanted from Brookstone, Bose and others!

They got a bunch of really cool "toys" for the grill: digital thermometer with remote; grill light for at night; margarita mixing machine, outdoor weatherproof speakers, and one of my favorites, they got a square crystal pitcher and matching square martini glasses with square crystal swivel sticks.

Oh and one guy gave what all the girls thought was a really "lame" gift of several extension cords and power strips and splitters, but all the nerdy engineers were in awe of it! My FI was sooooo disappointed he didn''t think of that...who knew!?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Heh, I probably have the only FI in the world who isn''t into barware, grilling (not that we can -- tiny city apartment), sports, tools, or anything like that. He loves his video games but already has every system known to man and most of the games, too... This is the boy who bought one of his best friends a PSP for the wedding (in addition to an All-Clad pan or something) because everything on the registry was "girl stuff." I have a feeling his friend put that gift in the "loves" category, while his wife probably classified it a "regrets," hehe.

FI and I both really want an heirloom-quality, custom extendable farm table that we can use forever and eventually pass down to one of our (future) kids. The kind you''d expect to see in a French or Italian country kitchen. We love, love, love them. I''m assuming that, if we get any money for the wedding, we''ll use it toward that. But it''s not really something we can register for, especially because we haven''t decided yet who to commission!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Things I loved: crisp, beautiful new sheets and comforter cover; dishes that match; silverware that matches; nice knives; crystal stemware and barware (it''s so pretty and sparkly).

Things I kind of regret: too many glasses! I have no idea why I registered for so much glassware, especially considering we arleady have a bunch. I also registered for too many "accessory pieces" for my dishes that I''m afraid I''ll never use. I''m hoping I''ll use more of them when we have space to entertain more guests.

Things my husband loved: his BBQ tools set definitely sees a lot of use. We had registered for it at BB&B, and he''s used it many times this summer already. It was originally his idea to register for the crystal, and he likes drinking the occasional bourbon/scotch out of it. He also likes our new enamel teakettle.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

9.gif

My friend recently got married and she had full sets of 8 glasses for red wine balloon goblets, white wine glasses, and champagne flutes on her registry. I have the same red glasses and champange flutes, but only in sets of four, and they take up almost an entire cabinet! I have no idea where she''s going to store these in her small apartment or when she''s going to use them since she rarely drinks wine.

FI and I did a honeymoon registry, so I''m positive I won''t regret a thing
2.gif
We already have more kitchen items than we can fit into our kitchen and more linens than will fit in our closet.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:32:28 AM
Author: elrohwen

1.gif

9.gif

My friend recently got married and she had full sets of 8 glasses for red wine balloon goblets, white wine glasses, and champagne flutes on her registry. I have the same red glasses and champange flutes, but only in sets of four, and they take up almost an entire cabinet! I have no idea where she''s going to store these in her small apartment or when she''s going to use them since she rarely drinks wine.

2.gif
We already have more kitchen items than we can fit into our kitchen and more linens than will fit in our closet.

Yea, we registered for eight white eight red glasses and they take up the entire top shelf of our hutch cabinet. Still, last year we had 14 ppl at our house for Thanksgiving, so there will definitely be opportunities to use them...

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:47:52 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 7/29/2009 11:32:28 AM
Author: elrohwen

1.gif

9.gif

2.gif

Yea, we registered for eight white eight red glasses and they take up the entire top shelf of our hutch cabinet. Still, last year we had 14 ppl at our house for Thanksgiving, so there will definitely be opportunities to use them...
Haha, I have smallish (not big balloon type) cheap Target glasses (that actually look really nice) for guests that are easy to store out of the way. My guests like to break glasses occasionally
20.gif
, so the nice crystal is just for me
9.gif

I
30.gif
big balloon glasses for red wine, but it''s just so hard to find a place to store them!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We ended up returning a bunch of towels right away. Sometimes I regret not registering for china or for not registering for every color of fiestaware (we just did blues and greens). I wish we''d registered for a bigger food processor. Ohhh, and I kinda wish we would have gotten a down comforter and a duvet instead of a comforter.

Registry loves: um, everything!! I love my Kitchenaid. Love our pots and pans, even though they were a "budget" set. Love our new towels, love our sheets (ahhhh the sheets!). Love all the fun serving pieces for our dishes. Love, love, love our silverware. The $50 per 5-piece set of silverware is so worth it - the feel is just nicer/different. Love our fun and matching barware.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Our biggest ticket item was a good quality espresso maker. DH and I both LOVE coffee and while I felt a little indulgent putting something pricey (I think it was $150) on the registry it was awesome to receive. We use it all the time.

The one thing I do regret doing is choosing a lot of items online. I chose our wine glasses online and thought I would love them. They turned out to be HUGE. I am a fan of oversized wine glasses but these were just beyond big. We ended up returning them. So my advice here is to go see stuff in person if possible to make sure its the size that you want.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We registered at C&B and Macy''s and we didn''t have any issues at either place. We did register for (and receive) a giant hurricane candle holder from C&B. It was enormous, much bigger than we thought it would be, so we exchanged it for something else. We did go back to C&B after our wedding and buy a rolling island and a wall-mounted pot rack that we LOVE. Unfortunately, they''re not with us at the moment and it others might get longer use out of them than we have. We just moved and we decided to leave them behind. We''d definitely get new ones again if we had the money again. Most of our wedding gifts are still in storage so we haven''t used them yet.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love my Macy''s registry. My shower is this weekend and I''m a constant registry stalker an no one has bought any of the sheets and towels. Nothing. I''m grateful for the shower but I don''t know what we are going to do cause no one bought anything?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I have a new registry love to post!! We decided on the Le Creuset cookware and ordered it through Macy''s and got the 5 pc set ($349) and the 8qt stockpot (around $75-$80) for $120 total. And since I had a $103 gift card..it cost us like $17. Seriously..haven''t received it yet since it had to be ordered, but so far I am feeling like I got an amazing deal!!! Apparently Macy''s is discontinuing the enamel line of Le Creuset (this goes for at least the color I got I am not sure about the rest of the colors) so it''s discounted!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh maaaannn. I haven''t even opened ANY of our gifts yet. Well, I took them out of the giftwrap, but otherwise my entire living room is filled with boxes and boxes and more boxes!

We got some fantastic gifts. Some of my fav: KA standmixer (cooookies, here I come!), KA food precessor, all of our fine china, tons of beautiful crystal gifts like frames, bowls and vases....I am madly in love with crystal *sigh* and a beautiful pair of nambe candlesticks.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 11:47:52 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Er. Um. Oh crap.

We got 12 crystal wine glasses each, for red and white and this is when we already have the same amount for regular use. I honestly have NO IDEA where I''m going to store them. I definitely know I''ll have ample opportunity to use them though, I love to host and I dont need an excuse to drink wine lol.

Which glasses did you get, HH?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Kama loves knives and cookware, so he got to decide which knife set he wants (he''s VERY picky about his damn knives!), and we got a few more Calphalon cookware that he''s uber excited to use.

What about grillware? Maybe a BBQ, or some neat BBQ tools?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought of another regret. I wish we hadn't registered for small drinking glasses. We received them and we use them but not often. If I had to do it again, I would have skipped registering for them and gone with something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results