shape
carat
color
clarity

Register Book

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone else NOT doing a register book at your wedding?

Is there a greater purpose to it other than having everyone sign their name that they attended your wedding?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i think we are going to do a large frame or a life ring (we''re getting married on a boat) instead. I agree with you - i cannot see myself looking at an album of names later on in life, but a frame/life ring is something i can hang up and keep around forever.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
We definitely aren''t doing one. We do have a quaker type marriage certificate that all our guests will sign that has our vows on it, so we didn''t see a need for a book on top of that.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We had a guest book made of our engagement pics. It''s now sitting on our mantle, we''ve read through it a few times since our November wedding.
1.gif
People wrote advice, nice comments, funny things. We love it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn''t do a register book. I didn''t want something cluttering up a bookshelf that I knew I wouldn''t really look at after the wedding.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Are you talking about a guest book? We had comment cards on the tables for guests to write on, and it turned out wonderfully.

However, we made a list with empty columns and had people help us sit at the register table to keep track of gifts. I told them to have the guests write their names, put a number on them, and write the number on the gifts as well. Otherwise there was no way we would have known who gave us what later.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not doing a guest book...but more of a comment card type thing where people can write "wedding wishes" to us.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a plain white guest book that reads "Guests" on the cover in pretty writing. We used it at the wedding, and have used it for some events since. I like having it, everyone wrote sweet notes in it on our wedding day, and then kind sentiments on the other events since.

I don''t like having a lot of things in the house, but it''s small enough that it tucks right into a bookcase without standing out.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
We are, but I will have a sign that asks for wedding wishes or advice. I looked through my mother''s and I was the only person that wrote more than "congrat''s". Which bummed me out. A friend of ours had a camera and asked people to take a picture of themselves and then sign next to one "photo box" to place the picture after being developed. I thought it was a cool idea, but worried with all the kids running around. My mom is making ours, and I haven''t made a decision about how to do things.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
We''re not doing a "book"...

we got a glass jar with a lid. Cut up card stock in squares in our wedding colors and are going to put out fine point sharpies. I made a sign that says drop us a line.

I figure we''ll get some funny stuff written on the cards and we''ll have a cool jar for a shelf in our house!

I hate the books, I dont see the point in them! I feel like I am at a funeral.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah- I want to do some "comment" cards, rather than a book. Since 1/2 of our guest list will be pharmacy students, I thought it would be cute to do "Write your prescription for a great marriage"
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results