shape
carat
color
clarity

Regent DVatche x-prong with channel set wb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlee

Rough_Rock
Just got the wedding band in the mail yesterday. Thanks Denise from whiteflash. There are 12 round ACA five pt. D-F diamonds in plat. The yellow in the pic is from the light. The e-ring needs cleaning too.

So, here''s my question, the spaces between the diamonds vary. The edges of some diamonds touch while there is a noticeable gap between others. It''s barely noticeable. Is this something that can easily be fixed or do you just have to live with these imperfections when ordering custom rings?

T

ring set (Large).jpg

tlee

Rough_Rock
another view.

more ring pics (Large).jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I don't think you should have to "live" with anything you're paying for. Why do a custom job in the first place? You should be happy with the final product and if the gaps bother you than by all means have it fixed.
PS-your regent is just lovely. And so is the channel band!
naughty.gif

Nan

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I really couldn't see any gaps from the two pics.
nan

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Congratz on a stunning gorgeous beauty of a regent and a wicked wedding band! Regent, regent
9.gif

At first glance of the first pic, I thought it was a RB
errrr.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings. Congrats and best wishes. As far as the gaps go, don't know. I'm pretty picky; and if it bothered me, I would have to have it fixed. You might not care in a couple of days. If you don't like it, have it fixed. You'll drive yourself crazy otherwise. Good luck.

Shay

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
First off, gorgeous, classy rings--I love the regent in that setting!
love.gif

I have a channel-set ring that if you look very, very closely, there are minor differences on the stones' placement, such as what you are describing. Becasue no one could ever see it but me and given the sensitive nature of the channel setting, I've left it alone and never thought about it again.

That being said, I have another ring--the ONE piece among dozens I wasn't 100% happy with from my jeweler, where the prongs on six 30 pt diamonds were all slightly different in size. I had him remake it 2X until I was happy.

So, decide how much it bothers you and if it really does deep in your heart (hint: you'll know it if everytime you look at the ring all you see are the flaws), definitely go back and have them make it right!
1.gif

PS One last piece of advice on a channel-set ring worn often/every day: check the stones every 6 mos or so to make sure they aren't even slightly loose....this can happen in any channel setting over time & is easily corrected with a 5 min trip to the jeweler.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I had a ring like that - it must have snuck through quality control on that one, unfortunately. I would definitely have them re-do the ring. Mine just drove me crazy and I didn't like to wear it, so I finally took it in for a re-do. Now all of the stones are touching and it looks great.

tlee

Rough_Rock
We haven't decided on what we're going to do yet. It's barely noticeable and it's not bothering me as much as when the ring first arrived. I'm just wondering if other channel set wedding band owners have gaps between their diamonds as well. If it's a common thing then we'll just leave it be. However, we went through the trouble of buying ACA diamonds and were expecting them to be set with as much care as when they were cut.

I took some photos showing where the diamonds touch and where there are gaps (2nd photo). These are w/o flash. Am I overreacting?

T

no gap.JPG

tlee

Rough_Rock
gaps

gap1.JPG

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tlee-

Beautiful rings!

Whiteflash has exceptional customer service.

I would not personally settle for anything less than what makes you happy. I would get the issue delt with...
9.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings Tlee! I think if the gaps bug you you should have them redone so that the stones are evenly set. If you get used to it and it becomes part of it's personality, that's one thing. But if you will always be unhappily aware of it have it fixed.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I do see the gaps with the two new pics. What have you decided to do? I think if it bothers you enough, have it redone. Just make sure you are specific so it doesn't come back to you with more problems.
21.gif

Nan

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tlee,
Atleast it doesn't look like this!
errrr.gif
9.gif

61794-1.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD! When I saw that eBay ring, my first thought was that it looked like a mouth full of rotted teeth. How awful, indeed.

to tlee....go with your heart.
1.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
A little off the topic...but I just LOVE regents!!! It looks so classy in that setting too.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Those spacing discrepancies would probably bother me.

On another note, for the poster who said to check channel settings every 6 months... can a loose diamond in a PLAT. channel setting really be fixed in 5 min (or thereabouts)?

[Edited] What are the specs on the e-ring?

tlee

Rough_Rock
verticalhorizon,
Here are the specs on the e-ring:

1.06ct, G, SI-1
6.05 x 6.04 x 3.96mm
vg symmetry
ext polish
med blue flr

That's all the info I have. She really loves it. I just wish the platinum didn't scuff so easily.
Btw, we sent the wedding band back. Stupid me. I never even bothered to look at the certificate of verification until yesterday. It said that the diamonds were F,G. I specifically asked for D-F diamonds. They said no problem to the F but couldn't guarantee D's. I don't know where the G's came from.
I know it's hard to tell the color of really small diamonds. But if they couldn't do it then they should have said so before I placed the order. I think they're just too busy and get careless sometimes. Denise is great, however I always feel rushed whenever I'm on the phone with one of the other employees at whiteflash. Now I'm committed b/c there is a 20% restocking fee for custom/designer rings. If I knew I was going to get F,G's then I would have ordered a Diana Classic ring instead. Oh well, too late now.

T

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
They charging the restocking fee even though they gave you something you didn't ask for? I don't like that.
Sorry about this whole thing. Good for you sending it back.
Nan

noobie

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 5/19/2004 5:40:53 AM tlee wrote:

Btw, we sent the wedding band back. Stupid me. I never even bothered to look at the certificate of verification until yesterday. It said that the diamonds were F,G. I specifically asked for D-F diamonds. They said no problem to the F but couldn't guarantee D's. I don't know where the G's came from.
I know it's hard to tell the color of really small diamonds. But if they couldn't do it then they should have said so before I placed the order. I think they're just too busy and get careless sometimes. Denise is great, however I always feel rushed whenever I'm on the phone with one of the other employees at whiteflash. Now I'm committed b/c there is a 20% restocking fee for custom/designer rings. If I knew I was going to get F,G's then I would have ordered a Diana Classic ring instead. Oh well, too late now.

T
----------------

T,

It shouldn't be too late. If they sent you something you didn't ask for then you should get your money back, all of it, including shipping. You should also not let them make you feel rushed on the phone, after all this is an important purchase for you.

Wedding rings have a great deal of sentimental value. Make sure you get exactly what you want.

That being said, I'm surprised this is from Whiteflash. I've only had cursory dealings with them, but there has been many positive reviews about them. I'm sure they'll make it right.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results