shape
carat
color
clarity

recutting a saphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daral123

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of

1. about how much it costs to recut a sapphire (currently a 2.1 carat cushion cut)

2. where would one go to have a stone recut?

3. generally, how much of the stone''s weight should I expect to lose?

Thanks.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
winfields has a really unique recutting process, but the style is not for everyone. i am sure he could answer questions regarding it though. the website is winkjones.com Wink is a really nice guy, he was the one who i bought my fiancee's diamond from. he could answer any questions you had regarding the matter. i don't beleive he really posts over on pricescope too much. I am sure his website has his email listed though.

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
There are many American gem cutters that will do the service. I generally send mines back to Asia and in time I will also be able to provide such service to most customers in the US.

But you need to determine what kind of loss will your stone be incurring - thus if you do not want to modify much of the shapes and so forth.

Also, there is this gem cutting service in the downtown Chicago called Chicago Lapidary - who had been there for many years. Very fair, very diligent and they have just repolish one of my clients tanzanites (9.0 carats) for about US$50.00.

So, go to the phone and check the other cutters out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results