shape
carat
color
clarity

Recommendations for Custom Halo Cushion Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyLilac

Rough_Rock
Any advice on a source for a quality Harry Winston - look cushion halo setting and/or what the custom setting may cost?

We have a limited budget for the purchase (Leon is out of the question), but we definately want a setting with great workmanship. Is $1200 unreasonably low? Also, with this dainty of a setting, would the cost savings of 14k white gold be outweighed by the sturdiness/security of Platinum?

I LOVE stone_seeker''s halo (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stone-seekers-3-ct-halod-cushion.94117/) which was made by IBN diamond in NYC. It is the EXACT setting that I want
18.gif
. I spoke with someone at IBN a few days ago and am waiting on a quote, but they seemed pretty busy, so I am not expecting that quote to come anytime soon.

I am also particularly interested in anyone with WhiteFlash information (cost &/or the quality of their dainty halos).

Some other pertinent info is: (Per Stone_Seeker''s specs,) we are shooting for a halo that is bead set with 1.2mm stones (.007 ct each) and half pointers (1mm/.005ct) on the shank which is 1.8mm wide. We don''t mind lower color stones, so long as they are very well cut (we would actually prefer "J" color stones, as that is the first letter of my b.f.''s name
emlove.gif
), and we prefer the stones to only go 2/3 around the ring, rather than a full "eternity". I wear a ring size 5 3/4 and our center diamond has the following measurements: 7.84 x 7.35 x 4.63 mm.

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Have a look at the "Winnie" or the "Michelle" at Engagement Rings Direct - there are a number of custom halo settings by "ERD" on PS...do a search and you'll find them - they're all beautiful and closer to your budget than a Leon.

Here is a link to the Michelle

Hope that helps!
1.gif

Edited to add....in my honest opinion, a diamond of that size deserves platinum
3.gif
..I would consider 18K gold if you have an aversion to platinum but not 14K...nope, no way.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would second going with ERD. My fiancé worked with Gary Friedman and my ring is gorgeous, their craftsmanship is incredible. However, I am pretty sure the setting will be more than $1200. I am not positive how much my fiancé paid for our setting but my guess would be at least twice that amount (my setting is platinum). IMO an engagment ring setting should be made of a higher quality metal, 18 kt gold or platinum. It''s an important purchase that will likely be worn daily and you want something that will withstand daily wear.

Diamond Explorer

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Lady Lilac,

I must say that there is nothing inherently low quality about 14kt gold. Its simply a different alloy with a different gold content. In some cases 14kt can actually be stronger than 18kt. Also your willingness to except J colored and 14KT makes your request much more reasonable. The work will still be the majority of the rings cost, as making a high quality ring like the one you linked to is no easy feat. Your price is definitely low for the caliber of work you are seeking, but I dont think you are way out of the ballpark, considering your specifications for 14kt and J colored stones.

Best of luck!
1.gif

LadyLilac

Rough_Rock
Thanks, DianaBananna, DMBsGirl, and Diamond Explorer. Very helpful information and much appreciated
35.gif

We''re hoping to get something ordered soon (we''ve been looking for ages, bought the diamond about a month ago, and have since been learning about settings...and now, we''re ready to pull the trigger!), so any and all information is very much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results