shape
carat
color
clarity

Recipes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2006 12:47:48 PM
Author: moremoremore
Sounds great!

I made Beer Chicken last night..I love it

Chop one onion and one red pepper (I like to peel it first). saute in a little butter / oil....
Add 2/3 cup chicken broth...low fat / solium is fine
Add 1 cup light beer. Cover and simmer a few minutes.

Take a package of thin chicken cutlets and pat with flour and brown in sep. pan.

Add the chicken breasts. Cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes

REMOVE from heat. SLOWLY add 4 tablespoons of sour cream (I use light or fat free)...

Serve with brown or white rice or no rice. it''s fab.
MMM!!

I made your beer chicken recipe tonight- Brian and I loved it!!! It was soooo tasty!
18.gif
18.gif
Definitely going to add this one to my recipe collection! Thanks!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread. I have been trying lots of new recipes lately. I think it is because I finally have some time now that my babies are growing up a little (one 7 month old and one 27 month old).

Mara, I have a variation of that fish recipe that you posted that uses chicken instead of fish and also shallots and vermouth. I got it out of a magazine and we love it (except my husband won''t let me use all the shallots that it calls for because they give him indigestion). It is fabulous left over too.

Here is a really easy dish that you can make a million variations of. I modified it from a rice and broccoli recipe. I swear it is why my husband married me. He is 100% Italian and his mother cooks all the time. We were dating about a month or so and we had plans to spend the day at Navy Pier. It rained that day and he called and said, ''Why don''t you whip some dinner up"? It sounded reasonable since he had taken me out a few times but I wasn''t prepared with a killer recipe at all. I ran to the store downstairs (a Whole Foods in my building) and made this. He loved it. He always teases me that I made something really good so easily.

Pasta with spinach and tomatoes

Chop up about 8-10 roma tomatoes, coring and deseeding them.
Use one or two cloves of chopped up garlic, depending on your taste for garlic. I usually use about 2 medium cloves. My 100% Italian husband doesn''t like a lot of it. :)

Heat enough olive oil in a pan to cover the bottom and then a little more.
Saute the garlic for about two minutes, but don''t let it get too brown.
Then add your chopped tomatos and cook for a couple more minutes.
Add about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water, about a tablespoon of oregano and about 1 teaspoon or so of kosher salt and a little freshly ground pepper. Stir it all up and turn the heat up to about med high. Then add a bag of spinach and cover so the spinach gets steamed. Takes about 5 - 7 minutes.

AFter the spinach cooks, mix in a couple of cups of cooked pasta. We like bowties because they are easy to eat.
Top with crumbled Feta cheese.
You can use parmesian cheese if you don''t like feta. The original recipe calls for brown rice in place of the pasta and broccoli in place of the spinach and is listed as a side dish. YOu can imagine the variations that are possible using different cheeses, vegetables, etc. The other good thing is, it is a hard recipe to screw up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results