shape
carat
color
clarity

Recent stone acquisitions

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen a couple of folks requesting pics of some recent purchases....these were all taken quickly and indoors/outdoors with different lighting. I am horrible at taking pictures with my cell phone so will try to describe what I see.

First up - Green-Blue Tourmaline from Jeff White's Gem Scoop

Due to email issues in getting notices in previous drops, this was my first Gem Scoop score. I almost passed because I have so many blue-green and green-blue stones and really wanted a pure bright blue. But as soon as I got it, was glad I didn't hesitate too long as he said he got many replies after mine.

I'd say Jeff's picture is very accurate. It has a green modifier which is stronger in some lighting. Beautifully cut.

jeff white tourmaline.jpg tourmaline jeff white whitebackground.jpg tourmaline jeff white indoors.jpg tourmaline jeff white outdoors.jpg tourmaline jeff white shade.jpg

Here is the setting I am thinking about. My jeweler wants $1300 for it but will let me trade in a few inexpensive pieces for it. What do you think?

tourmaline jeff white in setting.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up --

The cabs I bought from Caysie off LT:
Mahenge Spinel cab, weighing 4.56ct and measuring 11.8x7.6x5.4
Untreated emerald cab, weighing 4.456ct and measuring 11.1x8.57x5.92

The emerald cab is to die for. It's like a big green jelly bean. The mahenge looks great in the box but on hand, I wish it were a tad more saturated or red-pink. But I'm keeping it because it's the size I am looking for and think it will look great once set. (A lot of stones look better once set due to my darker skin tone).

mahenge spinel cab.jpg emerald cab.jpg mahenge spinel emerald cab white background.jpg emerald cab shade.jpg emerald cab sunlight.jpg mahenge spinel cab shade.jpg mahenge spinel cab sunlight.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And finally, two purchases that weren't talked about here but since I am posting --

1.30 ct (6.724mm) Merelini Mint Garnet from Gene
Total impulse buy as I had given up my search for an affordable mint garnet with good saturation. Besides, lighter tones aren't the best for my darker skin tone. Yes, as Gene noted, it isn't eye clean but I love everything else about this stone - size, color, cut, price - so am happy to tick off this box.

merelini mint.jpg 1.3 ct Merelini Mint Garnet - Gene indoors .jpg 1.3 ct Merelini Mint Garnet - Gene outdoors.jpg

A finally, I picked up this little (.88 ct 5.2mm) Burmese spinel from DesertRose on LT. Admittedly, I had planned to sell this after buying the larger cab from Caysie...BUT it has the perfect tone and saturation I wanted and it goes well with the Peruvian opals Caysie threw in with the other spinel, so.....

burmese spinel with peruvian opals white background.jpg
burmese spinel with peruvian opals sunlight.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love everything. Sorry lilmosun. I'm going to hound you :oops: for family shots. Set, unset, old, new; I don't care. I just need full family shots of every beautiful colourful piece of heaven that you own.

All together in one glorious picture my eyes can feast upon.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting you want to put the tourmaline in, the diamonds give it a little extra zing. The garnet is pretty, I love that cut and inclusions are like freckles on people, a little extra personality. Those cabs are great too, you will have lots of projects to keep you busy!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love everything. Sorry lilmosun. I'm going to hound you :oops: for family shots. Set, unset, old, new; I don't care. I just need full family shots of every beautiful colourful piece of heaven that you own.

All together in one glorious picture my eyes can feast upon.

TY...I'm a bit of a jewelry hoarder so I don't think I could get a family shot and do them justice...besides I would have to do it while the dh isn't around as I avoid him seeing it all in one place fearing he'd realize I own too much :eek2:

Stephnie Lynn -- Thank you...and yes...a few projects but I've committed to slowing down this year (obviously, not doing a very good job so far)...so it may be awhile before I get them done.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg Limosun I love all of it!!! So wonderful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite a haul. You've picked out some real beauties for sure.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm drooling over every single one!!! :drool::love:

I love the tourmaline from Jeff White (and was one of the unlucky souls that sent an email after you). I think it would look awesome in that setting. The diamonds give a great contrast.

That emerald cab is to die for. Both the cabs literally look like candy. :P2

You must have had speedi fingers on that mint garnet. I saw that and would definitely have purchased (the price was reasonable) but you beat me to the punch. I'm happy for you! :mrgreen2::lol-2:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lovedogs, minous and elle...in posting this, I realized that I haven't slowed down as much as I thought I had. It just feels like it as I haven't been setting much lately.

And since, I an fessing up, I also purchased 5 more of the heated Russian demantoids (2.7mm) from Yvonne like the ones in my ring. I am obsessed with these stones. I have a pink spinel pendant and a family friend in the business had the same setting available.

demantoids for pendant.jpg

pendant pink spinel.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
You're on roll! My favorite is the small spinel. What a great punch of color.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love how vivid your stones look! Awesome collection!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TY...I'm a bit of a jewelry hoarder so I don't think I could get a family shot and do them justice...besides I would have to do it while the dh isn't around as I avoid him seeing it all in one place fearing he'd realize I own too much :eek2:

Stephnie Lynn -- Thank you...and yes...a few projects but I've committed to slowing down this year (obviously, not doing a very good job so far)...so it may be awhile before I get them done.

Ok fine so no family shot. But you can't say the words jewellry horder and then not post a single picture to prove you are!

Why are you doing this lilmosun, why are you prolonging my pain. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms here!!!

I need to see, lots and lots of jewellery, glittery, glistening, colour jewellery from you! :eek-2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sigh...that emerald cab is just so dreamy!! I love it!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've seen a couple of folks requesting pics of some recent purchases....these were all taken quickly and indoors/outdoors with different lighting. I am horrible at taking pictures with my cell phone so will try to describe what I see.

First up - Green-Blue Tourmaline from Jeff White's Gem Scoop

Due to email issues in getting notices in previous drops, this was my first Gem Scoop score. I almost passed because I have so many blue-green and green-blue stones and really wanted a pure bright blue. But as soon as I got it, was glad I didn't hesitate too long as he said he got many replies after mine.

I'd say Jeff's picture is very accurate. It has a green modifier which is stronger in some lighting. Beautifully cut.

jeff white tourmaline.jpg tourmaline jeff white whitebackground.jpg tourmaline jeff white indoors.jpg tourmaline jeff white outdoors.jpg tourmaline jeff white shade.jpg

Here is the setting I am thinking about. My jeweler wants $1300 for it but will let me trade in a few inexpensive pieces for it. What do you think?

tourmaline jeff white in setting.jpg

This is a much brighter stone than the other commissioned stone from Jeff White

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really quite a collection, lilmosun! I admire the strong colors which you have chosen. They look fantastic on you.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything is lovely- but the cabs - oh all the cabs! Wow!
Well done with your choices, Lilmosun!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. After seeing so many of your beautiful cab rings, Jeff White pieces and mint garnets here on PS were my downfall, er I mean, inspiration :roll2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results