shape
carat
color
clarity

Recent purchase from Diamonds by Lauren: a huge success!

Gelbstein

Rough_Rock
I made a post on here some weeks back seeking a bit of advice on purchasing a yellow diamond for an engagement ring. (thread here).

A poster in that thread suggested a yellow diamond from Diamonds by Lauren I had been looking at. I reached out to David Friedlander at Diamonds by Lauren and inquired about the stone. We talked for a bit on the phone and I gave him some ideas of what I was looking for. I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for, but had some ideas in mind. David said he had an idea that might be just what I was looking for. He emailed me some pictures of what he had in mind and it was love at first sight: solitaire yellow oval diamond with yellow gold ring/band and yellow diamond pave. I should also note that David is extremely knowledgeable about diamonds and gem stones in general and happily answered my more technical questions.

David's customer service was excellent during this process. For example, I had requested pictures and videos of the diamond in different light settings just to get a better. He took pictures of the diamond on his wife's finger, took video of the diamond under various light settings, against skin tone, etc. This really helped give a 'complete' view of the diamond and the potential of what the finished product would look like. Moreover, he was able to email the pictures and videos to me in a very quick and timely manner (under 24 hours), so I wasn't sitting around waiting for them or anything like that.

The purchase and transaction went smoothly and David responded back within the hour that he had received payment via wire transfer and they would get to work on it, so no issues there.
Within 2 weeks, he reached out and informed me the ring had been completed. David emailed me pictures and videos of the ring and made sure I was satisfied with the finished product. He then next day air shipped the ring to me and the ring was delivered via UPS the next day before 10:00am.
I gotta say the ring is perfect! The craftsmanship of it is impeccable and it's a very beautiful ring that anyone would be proud of. Overall the whole experience was very satisfying and the process was smooth and easy. I would highly recommend David Friedlander from Diamonds by Lauren to anyone, even if you're unsure as to what you're looking for because David has a ton of great ideas. Also, he will gladly provide any pictures and video of whatever piece you're interested in to make sure you know exactly what you're getting and that you're satisfied. As I said, it was an easy and great experience and I highly recommend DBL. I'll definitely be doing more jewelry and diamond shopping with them again!

(I'll post pictures of the ring later in case anyone is curious ;-) )

Gelbstein

Rough_Rock
The pictures are on my home computer and I'm (unfortunately) at work. So I'll post them up later this evening.

Gelbstein

Rough_Rock
picture update:

6e7gX16.jpg

jh3UKGh.jpg

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that's a beauty. One of a kind for sure!:clap:

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots please? In as many different lighting as possible?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Cant wait for handshots!

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's GORGEOUS! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just spectacular! David knows his stuff. I hope she loves it!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Please, don’t forget tonpost handshots!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait to see more photos!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous, stunning ring!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks lovely, and also unique - congratulations!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
8-)Wow, such a beautiful sunny color, can't wait to see handshots!

Gelbstein

Rough_Rock
UPDATE:

For those wondering, she loves it and she said yes!

But all engagement rings need a wedding band.. I reached out to David about getting a matching wedding band and he responded quickly. This process required me sending the engagement ring back so they could match the wedding band to the initial ring. David responded quickly and arranged all the shipping and the ring with was him the next day. Again, excellent customer service.

Upon receiving the ring, David contacted me about whether I wanted a "straight" band or a "curved" band. He was very helpful in explaining the difference between the two. Given the nature of the engagement ring, we went with the "curved" band and it was a great choice!

David was able to get both rings back to me just in time before the wedding and I have to say it's perfect! (pics below)

Overall, again, working with David was super easy and simple, and I would highly recommend Diamonds by Lauren to anyone interested.

These pictures were taken with a crummy cell phone and don't do the rings justice, but you get the idea.
The wedding is next week and I'm specifically going to ask the photographer to take a couple of professional pics of the rings in order to do them justice and show off the craftsmanship.

SKpdeae.jpg

lPXfKyu.jpg

Last edited:

Gelbstein

Rough_Rock
Update 3:

I've informed my soon-to-be-future-wife that I need some handshot pictures of the ring to post here. (granted, these will be cell phone pics)
Stay tuned!

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UPDATE:

For those wondering, she loves it and she said yes!

But all engagement rings need a wedding band.. I reached out to David about getting a matching wedding band and he responded quickly. This process required me sending the engagement ring back so they could match the wedding band to the initial ring. David responded quickly and arranged all the shipping and the ring with was him the next day. Again, excellent customer service.

Upon receiving the ring, David contacted me about whether I wanted a "straight" band or a "curved" band. He was very helpful in explaining the difference between the two. Given the nature of the engagement ring, we went with the "curved" band and it was a great choice!

David was able to get both rings back to me just in time before the wedding and I have to say it's perfect! (pics below)

Overall, again, working with David was super easy and simple, and I would highly recommend Diamonds by Lauren to anyone interested.

These pictures were taken with a crummy cell phone and don't do the rings justice, but you get the idea.
The wedding is next week and I'm specifically going to ask the photographer to take a couple of professional pics of the rings in order to do them justice and show off the craftsmanship.

SKpdeae.jpg

lPXfKyu.jpg

Aww Congratulations and what a gorgeous ring! :love:

Update 3:

I've informed my soon-to-be-future-wife that I need some handshot pictures of the ring to post here. (granted, these will be cell phone pics)
Stay tuned!

yassss :appl:cannot wait to see hand shots!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and what a beautiful find ...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results