shape
carat
color
clarity

receiving jewelry compliments from guys ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
has it ever happened to you ladies ? :))

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I've had men compliment my engagement ring and wedding band on several different occasions. It always surprises me!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has happened to me, too. It's pretty rare, though! I think most guys just don't notice jewelry the way women do. When I got my studs, my boss (a guy) noticed and complimented me on them. I've also had guys compliment my e-ring and wedding band in the past. It's very nice, and almost means a little more since it's so rare for a guy to notice jewelry! =)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I've had that happen to me. One time when I was grocery shopping I kept seeing this younger man who was always going in the opposite direction than me. At about the third aisle he stopped me and said that he just had to say that my ring was the sparkliest ring he had ever seen. I just figured that maybe he was ring shopping and that's why he noticed mine. It's much more likely that a woman would compliment me though.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
The only men I can ever remember complimenting me on my jewelry were all jewelers... I actually don't get a lot of compliments on my jewelry from women because I'm young and they often assume it's fake lol.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes someone complimented my pearl necklace once ;-)

(no, seriously. get your minds out of the gutter!)

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I get compliments from some of the guys I work with about some my rings and bracelets. I think the sparkle catches their eyes and they have a hard time looking away from shiny objects :naughty:

I do love it when the BF comments on a piece I haven't worn in a while and asks if its new!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Doctors and pawn brokers'

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I remember one time at work, a mature male student who was a similar age to me said "oooh someone must really love you!" and pointed to my engagement ring.

I just laughed it off and told him I was worth it lol!!! :lol:

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I do actually. I was very surprised the first time it happened. It happens quite a bit. Usually it is my customers. They are mostly older men and when I say older men I mean 50s and up. ((not that 50 is old, but older than I am) i know that the term older means old to some and that is not what I am saying here)Sometimes they even point it out to their wives.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
All the time, slightly more often by gay guys but not always. Often it is guys in the antique jewelry business who notice my ring the most, but plenty of just random average guys comment on it too. Since I work around antique jewerly, and my ring is antique, people tend to notice and comment- on a typical day I have one or two conversations with people about my jewelry, usually asking me if I got it where I work, is it really antique, how big the center stone is, if it is real, etc. (If I ever thought twice about getting annoyed at being asked if it is a real diamond, that wore off fast after having to answer that question about once a day.)

Most memorable comment by a guy: "Who'd you have to f**k to get that ring?" (Answer: "My husband, of course.")

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Occasionally. My fiance's best friend said all the right things when our ering arrived, and one guy at work made a comment along the lines of what susimoo was told. Mostly it's ladies but I' appreciate it all the same :)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It seems to happen quite often to me! Most of the time, men seem to make comments of the "that's a huge rock" variety, but I'm really surprised at the thoughtful compliments I get occasionally.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LittleGreyKitten said:
Most memorable comment by a guy: "Who'd you have to f**k to get that ring?" (Answer: "My husband, of course.")

:-o :nono:

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Yes and I'm always caught by surprise!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I don't think many guys check out jewelry....they're too busy checking out certain female parts instead.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I have. Some just with "he must really love you" variety but some nicer ones too.

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I get the "he must really love you" nonsense too. Other than that, my uncles have been the only guys to comment.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Quite a bit actually. I hate the he must really love you line...and my favorites are the ones who are looking and ask how much something like that costs. I buy at prices most people don't believe through pawn shops and ebay :bigsmile: Watching their jaw drop is awesome :cheeky: Then I send them this way to pricescope ::)

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
I seem to get the most compliments when standing in line for coffee!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes. appreciated in the same way as when women notice.

mz

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Once a security guard who was checking my bag at the Smithsonian commented on my ring - he said something like "huge rock." I was surprised, though, because it's not unusual to see a 2 ct solitaire in our area.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results