shape
carat
color
clarity

Real or fake Tiffany Ribbon ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Princesscatherine

Rough_Rock

Hi, I was wondering if any expert/owner can let me know if there are any clear signs that the below ring is authentic or not? The ring is a Tiffany & Co Ribbon Ring and as it from ebay I am not sure if it is real?

If you can let me know your opinion it would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

RibRing2.jpg

hazelstone

Rough_Rock
Looks legit. All the paperwork is consistent with what Tiffany gives out. You can have it sent in to Tiffany for a revaluation certificate and they''ll match it up to make sure it is what is in their system. They charge for this ($100-200, and don''t tell them you bought on eBay, or they may give you huff about doing it). I don''t think there is much counterfieting in the engagement ring department--most fake Tiffany is the low end stuff. Too easy to figure out it is fake, and with a large purchase like this people will check. If the feedback is good, go for it, just pay with Paypal and a credit card and have it sent in for a revaluation. Good luck!

Princesscatherine

Rough_Rock

Thank you very much for the reply!

There is another set of the ribbon ring which I have not got a clear clue about. the engravings of the ring seems to be different from the one I previously posted, as all the letters are not horizontal. Is this a big issue?

The seller did have ''Retail Replacement Valuation'', and the 4 C''s are better than the one above.

Please can anyone help with this! much appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Ribbonset5.jpg

hazelstone

Rough_Rock
The marking could have been distorted if it was resized. I wouldn''t worry, but do have it revalued by Tiffany for peace of mind and check the seller feedback.

Princesscatherine

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much!
I will have it revalued once I get it. any chance you know about if Tiffany will issue Duplicate Certificates? the seller says he has lost the original, only a letter of ''Retail replacement valuation.''

Does the second set look real?

Thanks

hazelstone

Rough_Rock
They won''t issue a new Diamond Certificate (the thing that comes in the binder). They will issue you a revaluation certificate with the basic stats and estimated retail replacement value for a price of somewhere between $100-200 (they mail the ring into NYC for this).

Again, I have not heard of counterfeit engagement rings, especially rings not set in the standard Tiffany mounting. Since you can have this verified and have recourse against the seller through eBay buyer protection, etc., it isn''t something I would be overly concerned about if things otherwise looked legitimate, which here they do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results