shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready to buy... which one??? (this is so exciting)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
Howdy,
After many months of looking I have widdled down the thousands of diamonds out there to a lonely 2 (perhaps 3 but I'll tell you bout the third).

I am thinking of going with a three stone 14 kt white gold engagement ring.
For the centre stone
1) .574 5.33-5.36 X 3.27 mm HEARTS and ARROWS
Crown angle 34.3 Pavillion 40.7 Faceted 1.3%-3.7%
Light Performance 0
Proportion factors: 0
finish Polish ideal and symmetry ideal

Color F (ags 1.0)
clarity SI 1 (ags 5)
Flourescence negligble
pinpoints are not shown
Cost for this diamond is $2486 CDN (2105 USD)

2) GIA .56 According to store it is hearts and arrows.
5.30-5.32x3.29
62.0 depth
56 table
girdle very thin to medium faceted
cutlet none
finish polish vg symmetry vg
clarity SI 1
characteristics feather
Colour F
fluor none
$1883 CDN (1594 American)

Which Diamond should I choose? Do the certificates usually verify if they are hearts and arrows or not?

Also What price should two .17 SI1 f-g colour diamonds cost? I want to make sure I'm not overpaying they want $695 CDN (587 USD)

The third option which I am not considering to seriously is a diamond that is certified by the imfamous Gemscan in toronto and it is an SI1 F colour .61 carats but it doesnt have any reliable certificates but looks pretty good. The lady wants $3200 Cdn for the whole thing taxes in (FOR the 3 stone setting in white gold)

There is a very big price difference between the first two diamonds. Is it worth it for me to pay the extra $500-600 for the AGS certification to know that it's an optimal diamond.
Your personal opinions on all the above would be appreciated thanks
Jeff

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
This is the plot for the first diamond .574 the store says its a crystal inclusion how does it look?

ags574000.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
How do they compare visually? Does the second stone look like H&A to you? You might get an idealscope to check it out.

If the second stone does have optimal light performance and the premium on the first stone is just because it is an AGS0, then I would definitely go with the second one and save money. However, you can''t determine the cut quality from just the table and depth, so you''ll need visual confirmation at least.

Here''s an F SI1 0.56 H&A stone for $1843 (PS price) for comparison. It''s a bit on the deep side (63), but it still spreads bigger than the two stones you are looking at.

I''m not sure about the sidestones, but it sounds high to me. How much is the setting?

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
Plot for the first .574 AGS 0 diamond

574plot.jpg

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
Diamond one Cert details note the new AGS light performance measure and proportion factors.

574 diamond cert.jpg

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately I can''t see the diamonds because they are across the continent. And the company doesn''t have an ideal scope. It''s so nerve racking. I wish there was an easy way to decide.
The company is asking $500 for a white gold setting.... seems high but they say it''s all hand made.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 8:19:27 PM
Author: jeffsentra

Unfortunately I can''t see the diamonds because they are across the continent. And the company doesn''t have an ideal scope. It''s so nerve racking. I wish there was an easy way to decide.
The company is asking $500 for a white gold setting.... seems high but they say it''s all hand made.
Jeff,

Is $500 for a solitaire setting?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/5/2005 2:35:34 AM
Author:jeffsentra

Which Diamond should I choose? Do the certificates usually verify if they are hearts and arrows or not?

Never

The third option which I am not considering to seriously is a diamond that is certified by the imfamous Gemscan in toronto and it is an SI1 F colour .61 carats but it doesnt have any reliable certificates but looks pretty good.
20.gif
The lady wants $3200
14.gif
Cdn for the whole thing taxes in (FOR the 3 stone setting in white gold)

Here''s one with AGS lab report, IS and pictures - $1400 LINK

Same shop, platinum solitaires start at $400 for some simple standard ones. WG is less, as usual. I don''t know what setting you have in mind, so there is no way to look it up elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

It sounds like all these options are virtually the same thing for a range of prices. It shouldn''t be hard to choose.

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
The setting is a 3 stone setting with two .16 si1 f-g colour stones on the sides and the .574 AGS 000 in the centre.
Thanks for the input...
Jeff

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
I have finally purchased the ring I decided to go with the AGS .574 Canadian Diamonds
Here is a picture of the setting and approximately what the stones will look like.
What d o you think?

ajax.jpg

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Nice setting,
very similar to mine actually! Who did you buy from?

(Fellow Canuck)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting, it''s lovely!!! Congrats!!

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
I bought the ring through canadian-diamonds-wholesale.com if anyone is interested speak to stefani and mention my name ;-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Good for you...
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Jeff,

That''s beautiful! Congrats on your purchase!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Jeff, that is a beautiful setting. I think your stone will look lovely in it, and she is going to love it. Be sure to post pics (hand pics too) when you get them.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results