shape
carat
color
clarity

Re- making an antique piece

Josh_loveofjewels

Rough_Rock
Hi all, Im new to price scope bit I have enjoyed reading all of your threads. I am in possession of a ring that was made for my grandmother in the 50s. Unfortunately when my grandmother passed the ring was taken apart. I was able to obtain all of the pieces to the ring from various family members and had hoped to just have the ring re-assembled. Unfortunately the jeweler that did the work just poorly remade the mounting... and I mean POORLY. I am tryin to find someone who can really artfully re-craft my treasured family heirloom. I have considered Leon Mege and Steven kirsch but I have read mixed reviews. Any advise would be greatly appreciated :) Attached belo are a few pics of how the ring miserably exists now and a drawing of the profile as I remember it.

Best frontal.jpeg baguette view .jpeg best side .jpeg Drawing.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is wounderful you are remaking Grandma's ring

What a pity the attempt at reassembling did not go well

Good luck and don't forger to show us when it's finished

Where are you ?
Calla Gold in Santa Barbra is great at projects like this and she works by phone, email or home visits

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestions. Would you suggest anyone else for a completely handmade piece?

There are other jewelers such as Steven Kirsch and Maytal Hannah who hand-forge rings, but I didn't recommend them because they don't specialize in vintage & antique restorations. It couldn't hurt to reach out and see what they have to say though!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second Sako he's a magician at creating beautifully made reproduction pieces and repairing real ones;

CJD Sako (https://www.instagram.com/cjd_sako/?hl=en) specializes in antique jewelry restoration.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I 3rd Sako. He does amazing restoration work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results