shape
carat
color
clarity

RBs with step-cut sidestones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys! As some of you know, I like the idea of setting my RB with some step-cut sidestones, as inspired by Bebe''s gorgeous cushion with step-cut traps. I just thought it would be fun to post some pics of different looks on here - let me know what you think, and also post pics of your rings, or other rings you like with this look. Here are a couple that I like. This one is from the Natalie K website:

rbtraps6.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one from teh Gottlieb & Sons website - it has step-cut half moon sidestones (I think they are called Cadillac Cut)?

I will have to post more later - my son just woke up from his nap - I''m looking forward to seeing your pics!

halfmoon6b.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m obsessed with the cadilac cut...yes that is what they are called. I love half moons and to me this is like the half moon alternative.

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
Could we somehow generate a picture of the first setting with Cadillac cuts? I prefer the cleaner settings, it shows off your gorgeous center stone more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, I think I was a little negative on your last thread on this topic. But seeing these has made me change my mind!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:00:07 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I'm obsessed with the cadilac cut...yes that is what they are called. I love half moons and to me this is like the half moon alternative.
Had no idea step cut traps were called Cadillac Cuts ? Or is there a difference between the Caddy's and traps?
Why the name Cadillac - does it have something do to with the Cadillac emblem? Sorry for being so dumb here!!

Edit - never mind! I read EL's post wrong. step cut half moons - traps. (bangs head on wall)

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I finally took a few pics of my ring, 2.17 RB with side traps, .88 tcw. I did the best I could for pics, but like most they didn''t turn out the best. Here goes....

LG_Z1259.jpg

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
geez....that was huge...I have a few more, but will resize before I attach. Sorry!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, luthergirl....that is beautiful. Do you have your own SMTR thread?

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Ok, going to try a different pic, hopefully this is smaller!

LG_Z1265.jpg

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Anyway, that gives you kind of an idea! VG, you definitely have to keep us in the loop on what you decide! :)

I haven''t done SMTR thread yet, I''ll start one here in a few minutes.

I am not the biggest fan of half moons, but I think the cadillac cuts are absolutley gorgeous!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Wow... cadilac cuts... I learn something new every day! Luthergirl, your ring is stunning!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 9:34:07 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 1/8/2009 2:00:07 PM
I''m obsessed with the cadilac cut...yes that is what they are called. I love half moons and to me this is like the half moon alternative.
Had no idea step cut traps were called Cadillac Cuts ? Or is there a difference between the Caddy''s and traps?
Why the name Cadillac - does it have something do to with the Cadillac emblem? Sorry for being so dumb here!!

Edit - never mind! I read EL''s post wrong. step cut half moons - traps. (bangs head on wall)
No idea why they are called that. I like them though. I have a Tacori setting and they make a few with cadilac cut side stone so I got to look at the up close. Very Pretty!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
for example I''ll post a tacori pic. This center stone has a very small halo though but I think you get the idea:

tacoricadilacside.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love that tacori setting!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Emeraldlover, thanks for posting the pic of that Tacori setting - there is someone on PS who has that one who posted pics a while bank, and I LOVE it - that''s where I first saw those cadillac cuts.

Luthergirl, I love your pics too - your thread is awesome!

I''ve had a really busy couple of days, but I need to dig up some more pics & add them to the thread - maybe tomorrow ...

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Who on PS has it? I have to see a real life pic! I just spent two hours looking throughthe SMTR thread. I can''t find it.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Amazing...!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 7:51:37 PM
for example I''ll post a tacori pic. This center stone has a very small halo though but I think you get the idea:
I love this one too.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I love that Tacori!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tacori is simply stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love the Tacori with the tiny halo, that is gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cadillac cut sidestones are ridiculously beautiful!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 7:51:37 PM
Lordy, that is gorgeous. I wish, wish, wish, I had looked at the step cut half moons when Leon and I were playing
with sidestones for my cushion. I was so against half moons, I guess he didn''t even dare bring up the Cadillac Cuts!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
I think brilliant cut, half moons would be gorgeous!!!!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results