clarity

RB diamond studs vs Tiffany Victoria studs

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Which one is your favorite and why? :think:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love RB studs because they are classic and timeless. They dress up or dress down which makes them practical as well as beautiful!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I am constantly thinking I 'should' get plain (unhaloed) RB studs.
but it seems so .... expected.
Been wondering if I could muster the enthusiasm for emerald cuts or pears instead.
When it comes to Victoria earrings vs RB - well my PS answer to that would be 'eventually both' as the styles are different.
But I would consider getting the Victoria earrings first! :D
Then, after a time, reassess whether RB studs are still on your 'want' list.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RB. Once you have the size you really want, then other diamond earrings would rarely be worn. I bought studs from WF and upgraded a couple of times until I got the size I hope will be my final pair! I like Tiffany jewelry, but I would get something else. My reasons are the same as MGR!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Quite biased, I love my RB studs and have worn them nearly every day for 5+ years. The less expected shape of the Tiffany Victoria earrings is fun, but also I feel more "trendy" than classic, even though both are beautiful. If I could only have one or the other, I'd choose the RB studs, the sparkle in my ears I glimpse when walking by a mirror or reflected in windows makes me happy. ^.^

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a size in mind when you consider RB studs?
In my mind, size has a huge role to play when considering the overall 'look' you are going for with a plain RB stud.
The look and attitude of .15 a side is very different from, say, a 3-carater dripping from each ear!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1428297678|3857432 said:
In my mind, size has a huge role to play when considering the overall 'look' you are going for with a plain RB stud.
The look and attitude of .15 a side is very different from, say, a 3-carater dripping from each ear!

I think that size is relative to each individual's ear shape and size; I like studs that cover about 1/3 the width of the earlobe; the "golden mean" ratio.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I must be a real jewellery w**** because I love everything, from the delicate and teensy 'points of light' to the groaningly oversized!
Admittedly, teensy pin pricks look best on fresh young ladies, and i am past that, so....

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your reply. I agree that RB are timeless and classic. I can't figure out why I like Tiffany victoria collection so much :love:
I have the small Tiffany victoria and cannot decide between a RB or the medium Tiffany victoria
DS - your stud earrings are very pretty :love:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Jimmianne|1428320885|3857464 said:
LaraOnline|1428297678|3857432 said:

I think that size is relative to each individual's ear shape and size; I like studs that cover about 1/3 the width of the earlobe; the "golden mean" ratio.
I totally agree with this

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't think there is any "vs". But since you asked for opinions.... :bigsmile:

Over time, I have had at least 5 pair of diamond solitaire studs in varying sizes--up to 2.12. ctw. I enjoyed them, but now they are gone.

Yet, I have had only one pair of Tiffany Victoria earrings, and they are keepers. Not just because they are beautiful, but for me, unique.

If you cannot choose, why not have both? :love:

cheers--Sharon

nkc

Shiny_Rock
canuk-gal|1428636422|3859641 said:
HI:

I don't think there is any "vs". But since you asked for opinions.... :bigsmile:

Over time, I have had at least 5 pair of diamond solitaire studs in varying sizes--up to 2.12. ctw. I enjoyed them, but now they are gone.

Yet, I have had only one pair of Tiffany Victoria earrings, and they are keepers. Not just because they are beautiful, but for me, unique.

cheers--Sharon

I meant to say what if I had to choose :naughty:

elizabethtwrs

Rough_Rock
nkc|1428635062|3859629 said:
Thanks everyone for your reply. I agree that RB are timeless and classic. I can't figure out why I like Tiffany victoria collection so much :love:
I have the small Tiffany victoria and cannot decide between a RB or the medium Tiffany victoria
DS - your stud earrings are very pretty :love:

Studs, since you already have the small victorias. I try not to repeat jewelry in different sizes :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nkc|1428637498|3859650 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Does Tiffany have a trade up policy for diamond earrings? Could you trade up in size?

If not, a pair of diamond studs would be wonderful since you already have a pair of Victoria's. Do you prefer bezel or prong set studs?

cheers--Sharon

MrsWhitney

Shiny_Rock
Well this is tough, given some on RockyTalk saw I lost my Victoria studs and they won't be replaced in my claim. I have to say, I loved the Victorias (mine had large 8.5mm pearls, and were over 1.8cttw). BUT for everyday wear, maybe RBs are safer, meaning they go well with everything....

That being said, after treatment, I plan to replace my studs....even if I have to find a used piece given they are no longer made. :angel:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, Victoria earrings fall in fashion category while studs are in classic. Plus I'm not a fan of marquise cut. I always get more wear out of classic items so i prefer to spend most of my jewelry budget there. But if you know that you'll wear Victorias more, then go for those.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a lot of Tiffany jewelry and I love it, but oddly enough, some of their ranges are wildly overpriced to the extent that they are way out of line with other Tiffany ranges. Victoria is one of them. For example, their mini Victoria pendant is over $2k including tax, for 0.09 carat weight. Yes, two thousand dollars for a mere nine points. I know, I know, you could say that all of Tiffany is overpriced, but the Victoria prices are well out of line with most of the other Tiffany ranges. I shop at Tiffany and I love their jewelry. To some extent, I'm happy to overpay for the Tiffany experience, designs, brand, etc. but the Victoria line is well overpriced even within Tiffany. The Signature range was also like that. In contrast, the solitaire and DBTY ranges do not carry the kind of premium that Victoria does.

I really love the Victoria design, but for me the prices are getting into silly territory, so I'd go for the RB.

Edit: Actually, the DBTY studs are more expensive than the Victoria earrings for similar carat weight, probably because large single diamonds are more expensive than eight smaller ones. However, the 0.08 platinum DBTY pendant is only $950 whereas the Victoria 0.09 pendant with four smaller stones is $1900. I know you want earrings; I'm just saying that the prices seem to be all over the place at Tiffany.

I think a RB pair of WF or BGD studs would be amazing. They are super-ideal cut and you'll get a lovely large pair for your budget.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
canuk-gal|1428674160|3859814 said:
nkc|1428637498|3859650 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Does Tiffany have a trade up policy for diamond earrings? Could you trade up in size?

If not, a pair of diamond studs would be wonderful since you already have a pair of Victoria's. Do you prefer bezel or prong set studs?

cheers--Sharon
Unfortunately, they don't.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you already have the small Victoria, then I would get the round classic studs. Down the road you can consider selling the smells and getting a larger size. Or get bigger studs, and wear the Victoria on casual days.

FWIW, I love the Victoria line myself. That said, the design is fairly straight forward and not unique to Tiffany, so it would be something I would have my favourite jeweler remake.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I could not resist the Tiffany Victoria :drool:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nkc|1429053216|3861912 said:
I could not resist the Tiffany Victoria :drool:

SPILL! :bigsmile:

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have both. I have the aquamarine and diamond Victoria studs...but I do not wear them all that often. Sadly I really only wear them when going out for the evening in the right shade of blue.
My daily studs are 3.41 tcw studs. They are simple but sizable and I adore them. They go with everything and in a sundress of scrubs or hoodie and jeans....perfection. At least in my eyes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results