shape
carat
color
clarity

Ravishing Royal Blue

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to set my pair of sapphires with a decent diamond halo and was quoted $8,000 here in Sydney! Needless to say they are still in gem jars!
0F6B2518-F301-4A4F-A1D8-66FB5B997668.jpeg

Oh my they are gorgeous!!
$8k for a diamond halo seems excessive for sure! Have you looked into sending them off to a US jeweler to set? I've heard jewelry prices are higher in Australia and New Zealand : (

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my they are gorgeous!!
$8k for a diamond halo seems excessive for sure! Have you looked into sending them off to a US jeweler to set? I've heard jewelry prices are higher in Australia and New Zealand : (

They are !
Arnt they Bron ?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to set my pair of sapphires with a decent diamond halo and was quoted $8,000 here in Sydney! Needless to say they are still in gem jars!
0F6B2518-F301-4A4F-A1D8-66FB5B997668.jpeg

What about a pre-made semi mount? I'm eying these off:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@EmeraldEmpress I have SERIOUS sapphire envy over here! The halos on the earrings are beautifully proportioned, and each sapphire is the most gorgeous rich blue :kiss2: Lovely, lovely set!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a pre-made semi mount? I'm eying these off:

The sapphires are 9.2mm round and I needed (if I recall correctly) about 1.2 carats (10 points each) of diamonds per earring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphires are 9.2mm round and I needed (if I recall correctly) about 1.2 carats (10 points each) of diamonds per earring.

Yikes, that's some serious bling! :kiss2: I have some diamond melee from K Rosengart in my cart, they're far cheaper than anything local.

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Maybe go more of smaller diamonds of slightly lower colour grades, possibly even melee white sapphires to lower the costs? Look at jewellers and setters at the Dymocks Building!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@EmeraldEmpress may I please ask who set your beautiful earrings? Or were they purchased already made? I have a pair of rubies to set in diamond halos and I just love yours. How big are the sapphires? Sorry for all the questions but they are just so lovely!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
@EmeraldEmpress may I please ask who set your beautiful earrings? Or were they purchased already made? I have a pair of rubies to set in diamond halos and I just love yours. How big are the sapphires? Sorry for all the questions but they are just so lovely!

I’m seconding @Dandi query.....

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
@Dandi, thank you so much for the compliments : )

@Dandi, @Efleon- I don't mind sharing the specs at all! That's a big part of what this forum is all about right? ; ) I always appreciate when others share & help : )

These earrings were made by Martin Flyer and excellent, really saturated sapphires were chosen.

Each earring centers an oval faceted sapphire, accented by 26 round brilliant-cut diamonds, set in White Gold.

The sapphires are a combined total weight of 3.04 cts and the round brilliant-cut diamonds- all 52 - total just .75 cts, but pack a powerful punch! They are H-I in color, but seem to face up whiter to me?? Perhaps I just got lucky lol

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi, thank you so much for the compliments : )

@Dandi, @Efleon- I don't mind sharing the specs at all! That's a big part of what this forum is all about right? ; ) I always appreciate when others share & help : )

These earrings were made by Martin Flyer and excellent, really saturated sapphires were chosen.

Each earring centers an oval faceted sapphire, accented by 26 round brilliant-cut diamonds, set in White Gold.

The sapphires are a combined total weight of 3.04 cts and the round brilliant-cut diamonds- all 52 - total just .75 cts, but pack a powerful punch! They are H-I in color, but seem to face up whiter to me?? Perhaps I just got lucky lol

Thank you so much for the info, the diamonds do look super white! I've heard great things about Martin Flyer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results