shape
carat
color
clarity

Rapport Sheet Emerald Price per carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SYR

Rough_Rock
Does anyone kow how I can get access to the diamond rapport sheet. I am looking at two diamonds. They are both emerald cuts but I think the price may be slightly hight. One is a 1.55 carat E VS1 for 12K. The other is a 1.78 F VS2 for 15K. Does that seem high. They are supposed to be well cut diamonds. I will look at them on Monday but I wanted to have an idea what they should cost per carat. How can I find that out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to pricescope!

YOu''ve come to the right place... please review the diamond tutorials on here and use the search engine "Rapport Sheet" as a search... Also avail yourself of the diamond search on here to find what the approximate cost of diamonds with the same values are. After you''ve had a chance to look around and use the MANY resources on here to get yourself up to speed... we''ll be happy to help you.

21.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi SYR. Are these "new" diamonds or "estate" diamonds? If they are new diamonds, the Price Search function will give you just about the lowest prices available. Here are a few comparables for you - many times the cut quality on virtual diamonds cannot be determined until the vendor "calls in" the stone, so this is a rough guide (i.e. - ignore the 2-star rating). The prices reflect the Pricescope discount.

1.56 E VS1 GIA $10,452

1.75 F VS2 GIA $12,288

Alternatively, if the diamond is an estate diamond, I don''t think 30-35% off Rapaport is unusual. I have looked at estate pieces in the past and this is roughly what I was quoted as the bottom line. Maybe you can do even better.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rapaport will no longer publish marquise or emerald cut sheets.The trade never used either of these sheets preferring to refer to the pear shaped sheet with different discounts for other shapes. Anyone who gives you a copy is not doing you any favor as they are terrifically misleading. Those who use Rap sheets with the consumer are probably playing you. Shop and compare is the right way.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 9:16:35 AM
Author: denverappraiser

The Rapaport Diamond Report is available by subscription only. Info on how to subscribe is at www.diamonds.net.

Neil, thanks. I haven't been in the market for a while and didn't realize that they'd separated the report subscription from RapNet so that a 'private' can subscribe now. Cool. Hoping that the Guide will follow suit at some point.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Elmo,

Obviously they are targeting their subscriptions towards members of the jewelry industry but they don’t seem to have a credibility check for who can subscribe. Anyone who is willing to part with the $180/year fee can sign up. I think the Gem Guide has a similar policy. In practice, this eliminates the casual readers because there is no procedure for buying a single issue.
Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

http://www.gemlab.us/

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
For Rapaport, the subscription form actually lists 'private' as one of the selections under 'primary activity'. So it's completely ok. By disassociating the report from the trading network, I guess there's less conflict of interest. However, http://www.gemguide.com still says it is "trade restricted" and asks for a trade reference in the subscription form. I'll find out more.

Edit: I agree with Dave, "Shop and compare is the right way." But for many things that's tough.

DBM

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 10:18:29 PM
Author:SYR
Does anyone kow how I can get access to the diamond rapport sheet. I am looking at two diamonds. They are both emerald cuts but I think the price may be slightly hight. One is a 1.55 carat E VS1 for 12K. The other is a 1.78 F VS2 for 15K. Does that seem high. They are supposed to be well cut diamonds. I will look at them on Monday but I wanted to have an idea what they should cost per carat. How can I find that out.

the 7 grainers are extremely scarce now so I woouldn''t expect to get too much of a discount on a nicely cut 1.78 F VS2. Shop around but don''t be surprised if stones like that are selling at or near list price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results