shape
carat
color
clarity

Rappaport! Need help with research!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi everyone :)

I''m doing some research on some stones I''m considering for an engagement ring.
Can somebody tell me what the current rappaport price per carat is for F VS2''s.

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a size range? It matters I believe.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/27/2007 6:35:34 PM
Author:MidwestDiamondHunter
Hi everyone :)

I''m doing some research on some stones I''m considering for an engagement ring.
Can somebody tell me what the current rappaport price per carat is for F VS2''s.

Thanks!
$4,600 to approx. $3-400,000.- (per carat!)

I''m looking for highly graded GIA or AGS stones of about 1 to 1.2 carats.

I was told that the current Rap prices for H VS2''s are 5000.

So F VS2''s would be quite a bit more i would think....

Can anybody else help with this?

Thanks! :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t matter what it is. There are stones +15% that would be good deals, and there are stones -15% that would be bad deals. Mathematically, you could just use some constant, reasonable number.

You all make valid points....

however...

My purpose for want the Rap prices are pure curiousity. No, I''m not going to try to use them to see how good or bad of a deal I am getting.

However, my curiousity won''t be quenched until I get the actual current price for F VS2''s from Rappaport :)

One of the experts out there must have a rap sheet laying around! :D

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Rounds? This isn't quite accurate since I think it may actually violate copyright to quote specifics. But if you look at the average price stats here for H&A, 1A, 1B, and 2A cuts, you can very roughly think of these as being in the ballpark of 5, 10, 15, and 20 back.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think there''s a princess list.

If there is nothing princess specific then round prices would be mighty fine.

Thanks

Oh, and it is not against the law to quote a rap sheet on here. As long as you aren''t using it for commerical purposes without consent then there is nothing illegal. Same thing as quoting a book or something, you must cite your and there is nothing illegal.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Midwest

I am puzzled as to why you put so much reliance in the Rapapport Price Guide.

Using this guide REQUIRES a bit of trade knowledge on how it is to properly be used to be the slighest bit effective.

To give you a rudimentary level of advice...... Rapapport is a PRICE GUIDE. In as much, as it doesn''t quote prices for stones that actually exist - use of it even by a person that is supposedly knowledgeable serves only as a estimation. It is true that diamond dealers do quote prices for actual diamonds selling them at percentages above, or more commonly a percentage below the price listed on the Rap report. I would tell you that the range of this varies tremendously from about 15% above the price, to 70% below the price listed on the Rap sheet. One has to reconcile cutting parameters along with polish and symmetry. The Rap sheet is also listing prices on stones with a major lab report, so if the stone you''re researching doesn''t have a lab report. then more of a "discount" from the listed price is called for in order to "use" it properly.

In comparison, a Price LIST is more relabile. It is quoting prices for an item that exists, and for that item specifically.

In principles of establishing values, a PRICE LIST is FAR more useful than a PRICE GUIDE, which is what the Rap Sheet is.

I would suggest you check the prices of internet dealers or checking the search for stones database of similar stones offered for sale from PS dealers. While PS may not be the most broad of databases ( the dealer ones you can not get access to) it is a lot easier as a group of dealers offering comparable stones are listed there.

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Roc is right - why not just compare against Pricescope dealer pricing? I checked the folks that sell AGS0 princess cuts, it looks like everyone is selling 1 carat F-VS in a fairly narrow range plus or minus 4-5% of list (for pear shape).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results