shape
carat
color
clarity

Rapaport Diamond Report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roy

Rough_Rock
I am looking at the following diamond.

G color
VVS2 clarity
60.6 Depth
57 Table
medium faceted
none cutlet/flr
ex pol/sym

How do I know what grade it is so that I can look at the price on the Rapaport Diamond Report? Once the cut grade is confirmed, should I just multiply the price per carat by 1.19 to get the price of the diamond? Will this be the lowest price or can I still work with the seller?

roy

Rough_Rock
If prices on pricescope are competitive, why such a big difference on the same diamond by different vendors? I see as much as $800 on the same listing. If these guys get their diamond straight from the cutter (and presumably get the same price), than why should they list the price so high that a buyer like myself would be discourage to talk to the high end vendors. Are these prices negotiable?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I've seen even bigger difference than $800. Blue Nile and Diamond.com had quite competitive priceing but recently increased their margins and I can see same diamonds listed on these for quite a bit higher.

I'm not saying that it is impossible to find lower prices but you can get better price indication than using Rapaport report. Most of the diamonds (except super ideal) are sold in the trade much more below Rap (up to 50%).

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Most of the diamonds (except super ideal) are sold in the trade much more below Rap (up to 50%).

Just to add there are also diamonds that cost the jeweler well over rap. So with this said a given weight, color, and clarity with out the additional information can vary by near 70% !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results