shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiants...can measurements be converted to table/depth percetages, if so how?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sizedoesmatter

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I have been pricing radiants for little while now and i was asking for specific measurements on a stone.

2-3ct
length: min: 8-9mm
Width: min: 6-8MM
Depth: To be determined
ration min:1.4

When i asked for table and depth percentages he told me "these are them" refering to the measurements.

How do I convert the millimeter measurements into percentages for table and depth.

I felt like an idiot when he informed me of this b/c i thought i was so well prepared...UGH!
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
so he expected you to do the math? why didn''t he do the measurements? the only reasons i can think of aren''t good. i''d move on.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Size, I love your name!
Of course as a man I agree- Size does matter- what, don''t you like 2 inches?????? KIDDING!!!!!

When speaking of a diamond''s size, we can extrapolate depth percentage- but not table.

In any case to calculate the depth percentage we need exact measuremnt of the lenght , width and depth.
When I say exact, most agree that hundreths of a MM are sufficent- which is the degree of accuracy that GIA measures to.

If the seller expected to satisfy your question- which is totally valid- with such sketchy info, they are the person who''d we''d be calling the "I" word.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results